[SOLVED] Confirmation email link requires login.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #245398 by blowjoggs
Hi

I've been working on configuring CBSubs 3.0.0 on a Joomla 2.5.20 site with CB 1.9.1. Everything seems to be going well - I have a offline payment gateway working and I'm about to start on the Paypal gateway.

However, I've run up against something odd. If I register for a membership plan, free or paid, and mark the payment as received in the basket the email with an email confirmation link goes out. The link contained brings me to the site, but expects me to log in before I can confirm the email. However, it won't let me log in until I confirm the email address, which I can't do because I can't log in...

This was working before I installed CBSubs, but I'm clearly missing something. I also installed a security certificate and moved the site to HTTPS just before I installed CBSubs.

I've been through every menu option, I think, but there are so many now I've obviously overlooked something. Can you point me at the right place, please?

[Edit]
There's nothing like the power of posting. Shortly after I posted this a flash of inspiration desperation had me check the access to the menus. `My Profile` was set to Registered. Change to Public and Bingo! - the problem disappears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn