paypal purchases on shared computer: problem -- no auto logout

1 year 1 month ago #333199 by petekuhn
We have a shared computer that is available for our customers to use to purchase from us.
The problem we have is that if one customer makes a purchase with their paypal account, their account becomes the default payment option for the next customer.
We could just post a sign saying "if you use paypal to pay from your paypal account, you need to log in to your paypal account and then log back out of it again" but that seems klugey as fuck and not clear that it would even solve the problem.
I realize this may not be your problem and I've already started a case with Paypal, but you and Akeeba tend to be way smarter than Paypal about Paypal problems!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333201 by krileon
I don't think there's a way for us to solve this unfortunately. Once they leave CBSubs to go to PayPal it becomes out of our hands. It's frankly dangerous for someone to be using their PayPal credentials on a shared device. Is it not possible for them to pay by card?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: petekuhn

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333209 by petekuhn
I found one suggestion on stackoverflow.com/questions/38873040/logout-paypal-express-account-after-payment-is-completed What do you think?  could it work.  We have a few customers that don't have cards, just bank and Paypal accounts.  Meanwhile I'm posting a sign next to the shared computer.  Most people have phones that they use to purchase memberships from us.

"the only way to do this is grab the logOut URL and use this as your redirect URL; this will auto close after the customer completes the payment automatically 8^).

"So for sandbox it would be:
www.sandbox.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_logout and for the live URL, as mentioned above grab your logout URL from your own paypal account and use that for the return."

1 year 1 month ago #333217 by krileon
We've no plans to implement support for this. Will however review adding a trigger to CBSubs that lets you intercept the payment complete page and redirect them or output whatever custom behavior you like using CB Auto Actions, which should solve this for you as you'd then redirect them to PayPal logout for example once they get back to CBSubs.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9147

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333225 by krileon
Latest build release now provides the following trigger.
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'onCPayDisplayBasketResult', [ $paymentBasket, &$newMsg ] )

It's ran after a basket result is finished and ready to display. This can be used to redirect away when a payment is complete. Example as follows.

Global
Triggers: onCPayDisplayBasketResult
Type: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_payment_status]
Operator: Equal To
Value: Completed
Action
URL: YOUR_REDIRECT_URL_HERE

This will apply to everyone whether they are purchasing from your shared computer or not so you might need to add extra checks here. For example if you know your ip address then you can add a condition to check the ip address of the basket as follows to ensure it only applies to that computer.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_ip_addresses]
Operator: Equal To
Value: IP_ADDRESS_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

1 year 1 month ago #333240 by petekuhn
We are up to date on CB, CBSubs, and all plugins, including AutoActions. But I don't see the onCPayDisplayBasketResult trigger when I try to add a new AutoAction.
CB 2.8.0+build.2023.03.17.19.11.55.64386eb8d
CBSubs 

4.6.1+build.2023.03.15.20.56.16.d10432877 

These are the triggers I get when I search on Basket

AutoActions9.1.0+build.202… 
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn