Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin to allows two cb users to swap time

11 years 3 months ago #219546 by channelmedia15
Plugin to allows two cb users to swap time was created by channelmedia15
Hi,

I am developing a CB and would like to setup some interactions between members where they swap time. Say a plumber registered on the sites swaps 1 hour of his time with another member and this hour is then credited to a field in his profile that could be then used later with another member.

I am looking to build a system that allows users to swap time (a cb integer field) and need to setup a system that allows User 1 to donate X hours, this time be listed in some way, claimed by User 2 with User 2 then verifying the interaction. This time is then moved to a verified field.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to any existing plugins that may provide similar functionally. I am thinking some kind of job listing or classifieds plugin modified to use "CB Fields Action" to modify the time fields?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 3 months ago #219565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin to allows two cb users to swap time
I'm not aware of how you can do this without custom development. I mean you can do it with 3 fields I suppose, 1 to show current time (read only), 1 to show time to give, 1 to show who to give it to; then like 10 auto actions to deal with all this, but it's absolutely ugly and non-user friendly. Something like this really needs custom development as a new CB plugin. I suggest viewing our CB api documentation within the free downloads section as well as reviewing existing plugins for a starting point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: channelmedia15

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon