Facebook and LinkedIn connects (CB Versions)

11 years 2 months ago #221848 by WebJIVE
Quick question. We're about to convert a client from OSE Membership to CBSubs and we want to include the FB and LinkedIn login/account creation CB plugins.

When used with CBSubs, doe these plugins fit into the workflow that if they are not a current subscriber or user, it will route them to the CBSubs screen before creating the account?

For existing users, will it allow them to link an existing Joomla/CB ID to their FB/LI ID's?

Thanks!

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #221856 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook and LinkedIn connects (CB Versions)
Depends on how you have CBSubs setup. If you've CBSubs setup to require a subscription then no it won't work well together as CB Connect bypasses registration entirely and it'll throw a CBSubs validation error. If you allow free registrations without a subscription then it'll work fine and they can subscribe after login or you can redirect them to CBSubs plans page after login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221888 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Facebook and LinkedIn connects (CB Versions)
Ahh.. thanks for the clarification on that! What we have is free registration now with 2 subscriptions, a free one to get access to the Read more in one section of the site, and a paid one for the journal part of the site.

So, sounds like CBSubs will work fine in this scenario?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

11 years 2 months ago #221927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Facebook and LinkedIn connects (CB Versions)
It might, if the Free plan is required though it won't. When they are registered they have no subscription. One way to try and workaround this is to use latest CB Auto Actions and use the before registration trigger to give them a CBSubs subscription. Ideally you'd use the after registration trigger, but I'm not sure that'd work; you can try it however.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #221939 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Facebook and LinkedIn connects (CB Versions)
I think your idea is the best way..We'll keep registration free, then if they want, they can opt in for the free content subscription for one part of the site (if we decide to re-instate that) and the other part of the site is an optional paid content portion where you have to subscribe to get past the readmore just like we have it setup now with OSE.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn