Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Read more location text in a plan

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 3 weeks ago #226225 by WebJIVE
Read more location text in a plan was created by WebJIVE
I'm losing my mind. ugh.. Sorry to ask this (we edited it before and now I have lost it) but, where is the Read more language for each plan in the content?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #226245 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Read more location text in a plan
There's 3 language strings that control the readmore usage (depends on the plan, etc..). You can find all 3 as follows.

IN: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptions-en-gb/language.php
Code:
"To read more, a %s is needed:" => "To read more, a %s is needed:", "To read more, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe" => "To read more, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe", "To read this article, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe" => "To read this article, a %s is needed: Click here to subscribe",

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by krileon.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #226252 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Read more location text in a plan
If I wnated this to be different per plan, what would I change? Thanks!

What I'm wanting to do us use the Plan title to populate that or some other way to have a message in the article per plan.

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by WebJIVE.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 weeks ago #226273 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Read more location text in a plan
I don't think you can. As far as I am aware there's no feature for it to be plan by plan based.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• WebJIVE
  • WebJIVE
11 years 2 weeks ago #226282 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic Read more location text in a plan
Would be nice to have custom read mores :)

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

• beat
  • beat
11 years 2 weeks ago #226295 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Read more location text in a plan
This is an interesting feature request. :)

However, it would not work when multiple plans give access to a given content, as CBSubs automatically computes which plans allow access to a content and also checks if the user can upgrade to them before proposing them. So per-plan read-more texts that would differ would not be easy to implement.

Moreover (I just checked if it is a simple improvement implementation or not), plans can control access at article and category levels, so you could have conflicting texts there too.

Thus the case with single plan controlling would be possible (but for that case, the language file is just fine), but when you have multiple plans I don't see how that would work.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon