Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Search Plugin settings

• gravesie
  • gravesie
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 1 week ago #226326 by gravesie
[SOLVED] CB Search Plugin settings was created by gravesie
Hi

I have installed the Joomla 2.5 CB Search plugin version 1.0.1. It installs with no problems and I have enabled it. I also have cb Privacy installed and am having difficulty in finding the correct settings to return user Profile names in the results.

A user Profile can be viewed by everyone, I have checked the individual fields that I want to search on are set to Searchable in users-lists?: Yes. CB Privacy is set to normal cb settings.

Although the plugin is being called I am not getting any results.

What settings do I need to look at to return profiles please?

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 2 weeks ago #226328 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Search Plugin settings
You need to use a normal Joomla search module. It does not work with Smart Search. Its usage is to search for CB users using Joomla search, does nothing more. If the field being searched is hidden by CB Privacy then thee user won't be output as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gravesie
  • gravesie
11 years 1 week ago #226810 by gravesie
Replied by gravesie on topic CB Search Plugin settings
I have found the permissions issue.

Although the fields I wanted to search on were searchable, their parent tab was not!

Profiles are now being returned in the search results.

Thank you for your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon