Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community builder Login Module function and styling help?

• Axus
  • Axus
11 years 12 hours ago #227405 by Axus
I'd appreciate any help I can get with the following questions regarding Community builder Login Module.

#1. I see a note within the module the note below //TODO: Rewrite this module completely!
Is this going to happen anytime soon?

* Community builder Login Module 1.2 RC 3
* $Id: mod_cblogin.php 1901 2012-11-01 15:39:46Z

//TODO: Rewrite this module completely!

#2. I'd like to achieve a login/logout with the template header very similar to the one here at joomlapolis.com.
The extra module position has been added to the Responsive JA-Univeristy template from Joomlart.com. Joomla 2.5.11 is being used. The module has been set to Horizontal, Compact and Uddemim.
The issues are:

a. The "Remember me" does not seem to work.
b. Unable to style the module adequately and unable to get it fully responsive.

Anybody able to help or alternatively put me in touch with someone who can?

Please see enclosed screen dumps for further explanation.

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards, Guy
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
11 years 10 hours ago #227410 by krileon

#1. I see a note within the module the note below //TODO: Rewrite this module completely!
Is this going to happen anytime soon?

* Community builder Login Module 1.2 RC 3
* $Id: mod_cblogin.php 1901 2012-11-01 15:39:46Z

//TODO: Rewrite this module completely!

Yes, it'll be completely rewritten if still need with CB 2.0. If not needed then you can use any Joomla login module with CB 2.0. We've not yet determined this.

a. The "Remember me" does not seem to work.

This is entirely handled by Joomla as well as whether your browser cookie still exists or not. If your browser cookie is lost (maybe closing browser purges this) then it won't work. Best sure to test Joomla login module remember me to see if it shows same behavior.

b. Unable to style the module adequately and unable to get it fully responsive.

Login module is riddled with classes and IDs to style every element of it. I suggest using Chrome or Firebug for Firefox to right click and inspect the module to see its classes and IDs which you can use in your CSS.

We use 2 modules side by side here at Joomlapolis to have our current usage. First module is the CB Login module and the second module, when logged in, is just a normal Joomla menu.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon