Group Jive Template and other questions

10 years 10 months ago #229978 by Joomrick1
Group Jive Template and other questions was created by Joomrick1
Hi Joomlapolis,

I just have some questions regarding Group Jive.

Under the Group Jive Configuration -General/Global Tabs - There is the ability to change the GJ templates. Currently there is just "default" under "components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates."
Are the templates referred to here the ones to be purchased from the Joomlapolis Website, or can any template be placed in this directory?

On the same configuration screen, there is a class window for class suffix for DIV encasing of all GroupJive.
Is there a list of Class suffix to use for this GJ configuration area which are unique to the "default" template? Would module suffix work if other templates are added?
Also, how does the Item ID override work?

In Group Jive, regarding tabs for - Wall, Photos, User, etc. Is there an option to edit these Tab headings?

Is there an option for users to star rate groups? One option that would be really good when using the wall posts, would be the ability for users to vote or rank comments with a star rating system.
Another good thing would be to allow users to flag a comment to admin when they find a particular wall post offensive. A certain number of flags by many users could even just make an offensive comment go invisible on the wall.

Sorry for so many questions.

Thankyou very much for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #230007 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive Template and other questions

Are the templates referred to here the ones to be purchased from the Joomlapolis Website, or can any template be placed in this directory?

No, those are GJ templates. They're completely independent of Joomla and CB templates. You can find GJ templates in the below directory.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

Would module suffix work if other templates are added?

You can supply whatever CSS class you want. Whether it styles it or not is subjected as you need to write CSS to target GJ using that class.

Is there a list of Class suffix to use for this GJ configuration area which are unique to the "default" template?

No, it appends a CSS class to the DIV that surrounds all of GJ. It's used to allow you to add a custom CSS class and target that CSS class with your own CSS.

Also, how does the Item ID override work?

Joomla menu links use ItemID for module placement, template assignment, etc.. That parameter lets you specify an ItemID for GJ to append to all of its URLs.

Is there an option to edit these Tab headings?

No, but they are language strings. You can translate them to whatever you like. You can find them already translated within GJs language files provided by the GJ English language plugin included with the GJ package.

Is there an option for users to star rate groups?

No.

One option that would be really good when using the wall posts, would be the ability for users to vote or rank comments with a star rating system.

That's planned for a later release after CB 2.0.

Another good thing would be to allow users to flag a comment to admin when they find a particular wall post offensive.

Also planned for a later release after CB 2.0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

10 years 10 months ago #230041 by Joomrick1
Replied by Joomrick1 on topic Group Jive Template and other questions
Thanks Kyle!

So there is only one GJ template, which is called "default" is this correct?
This is all I can find under the following directory "components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/". Are there many others that I may be missing?

One last question. I notice when users post wall comments in GJ, the top of each post has a link tab with a wall post number. (e.g. #38).
When I click one of these links, it doesn't really click to anywhere. Is there a purpose to these number links? Is there a way to turn these numbers off in all comment zones?

Thankyou again for your help!

10 years 10 months ago #230052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Jive Template and other questions

So there is only one GJ template, which is called "default" is this correct?

Yes.

Are there many others that I may be missing?

No.

Is there a purpose to these number links?

They're comment links that link directly to that comment in that group on the wall tab.

Is there a way to turn these numbers off in all comment zones?

No, not without editing the wall plugin and removing them from its display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joomrick1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn