[SOLVED] Display Plan Price + VAT

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230609 by mike5151
[SOLVED] Display Plan Price + VAT was created by mike5151
Hello

J3.1.1
CB 1.9
CBSubs 3.0

In the UK if you are selling to a consumer you must quote the price of the plan including VAT. I cannot see an option string that will allow me to do this. Ideally the price display will be:

"xx subscription for GBP £416.67 + VAT @ 20% £83.33 = £500"

OR

"xx subscription for GBP £500 inclusive of UK VAT"

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Kind regards

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230614 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Plan Price + VAT
You'll need to edit "Price display of plan (default: [AUTOMATIC]):" on the "Presentation" tab of your plans and manually have the price displayed. Tax and other price changes do not calculate until the basket is created so currently it's not possible to have dynamic price display like that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230616 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Display Plan Price + VAT
Excellent - thankyou

10 years 9 months ago #230618 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display Plan Price + VAT
Forgot, there's another solution you could also use. You could use CBSubs Promotions then apply a negative promotion to every purchase. Then on the "Display" tab of your promotion you can supply a custom price display. Promotions can even be location based (not as much as Tax) by using the access parameters on the "Groups" tab of your promotion. The downside is the conversion rate won't be automatically calculated and you'll need to manually update it as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230621 by mike5151
Replied by mike5151 on topic Display Plan Price + VAT
Thanks Kyle; I think on balance that would get complicated. The first solution works because it leaves all the calculation rules intact for if a business EU VAT registered business comes along and picks up a plan.

Kind regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn