Hide Fields At Registration

10 years 9 months ago #230925 by shawneo
Hide Fields At Registration was created by shawneo
I have multiple subscription plans which are not exclusive. If the user chooses more than one at time of registration it seems that the "hide fields" operation operates in an unusual manner. The way it works now is that the registration fields get hidden according to the plan that has the most restrictive "hide fields" choices.

So if you choose two plans at registration the one that has the most restrictive hide fields options is the default registration fields that show.

I think it should be opposite of this. If you choose multiple plans at registration it should show you the registration form/fields of the plan with the least restrictive "Hide fields" options.

Is there a work around for this? I need users to be able to select multiple plans at registration and fill in as many of the registration fields as possible. The problem is if they choose the "chat sign up" plan then they are limited because Chat sign up alone has hide fields enabled..so anytime it is selected it hides many fields although other plans may be selected that dont hide those fields.

www.foreignpartners.net/registration

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide Fields At Registration
Hide Fields has no code for reversals like CB Conditional. When a field is hidden by a plan and you select another plan that does not hide it. That other plan does not suddenly show it. There's just no code for that. It's strictly "if this plan is selected then hide X fields. If this plan is not selected then don't hide X fields." You'll need to configure your usage to fit these needs.

The alternative is to not let CBSubs show/hide fields and let CB Conditional do it, but then you'll need a new field so they can select what profile type they'd be. You'd then edit your fields and input conditionals for what profile type they apply to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #230945 by shawneo
Replied by shawneo on topic Hide Fields At Registration
yes, this is exactly what i mean...the hide fields gives priority to hidden fields as the default if one plan is selected that hides them. However, i think this is illogical, it should give preference to the fields that want to be shown not to the ones that want to be hidden. Therefore if a plan is selected that shows certain fields that should overide other plans that have fields hidden. This is the only logical way to setup multiple selection plans because obviously if you have multiple plan selected you want the most fields shown as possible for your most robust plan as well as your smaller plans that require less information.

I want to put in a request for this to be changed as I think you all may agree it is more logical to give preference to showing fields rather than hiding them.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Hide Fields At Registration
It doesn't show fields. It only hides them. It doesn't hide them if the plan is selected. The condition does not work in reverse. Your assumption is if the plan isn't selected it shows fields, but that's not what it does; it simply just doesn't hide them.

In your scenario it just doesn't make sense to use this feature. You should look into using CB Conditional instead as your conditional needs are significantly more complex as you need the behavior to consider other conditionals, which CBSubs does not.

I want to put in a request for this to be changed as I think you all may agree it is more logical to give preference to showing fields rather than hiding them.

This has been working this way for far too long to go and change its logic and behavior without breaking a lot of existing usages as many want it to function the way it is functioning now. What may change is a "Show Fields" parameter maybe added to show the fields if the plan is selected so it can override the hide behavior, but I can make no guarantee when or if this will be implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn