CW Multicategories and CBSubs

10 years 9 months ago #231041 by WebJIVE
CW Multicategories and CBSubs was created by WebJIVE
Ok, now that we solved the VM/CBSubs challenge, have a new one.

We have this componen/plugin installed

extensions.cesky-web.eu/documentation/multi-category-for-joomla

Here's our problem we just noticed. We you have a plan and you have two categories selected, and even if both of those categories are chosen in CBSubs, CBSubs quits protecting the article with two categories.

Any thoughts?

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #231059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CW Multicategories and CBSubs
CBSubs category and article protection is for Joomla only. It does not work with 3rd party components. Try navigating to the category and/or article of that category using normal Joomla category/article navigation and display. It should work fine in that scenario.

For 3rd party category and article protection you need to use the By URL Part protection on the Integrations > Extensions tab by protecting the partial URL to the category or article. Please see your CBSubs documentation for further By URL Part usage information as well as examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231061 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic CW Multicategories and CBSubs
Thanks for the follow-up. Navigating it normally via menuing does indeed work. Our challenge is that once you select two categories for the same article (via the backend with CW), the frontend article (at the read more) is no longer protected, even if you choose both cats for CBSubs to protect.

I have reached out to the multi-cats dev for assistance with this one. The URL protection would work fine for menuing or other high-level requirements but, we need it at the read-more :)

This was a stretch to reach out here because CBSubs works fine with just one category selected or without this product installed ;)

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #231062 by krileon
I see, yeah CBSubs just isn't designed for such a scenario as Joomla doesn't have built in support for it so we don't know what to expect. CBSubs acts on the Joomla content triggers through so assuming that extension is firing those triggers properly before rendering articles it shouldn't be a problem. More specifically the trigger onBeforeDisplayContent is acted on to alter its display, but I have no idea if it's a trigger issue or if it's an issue with matching the article to a Joomla category.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231064 by WebJIVE
Replied by WebJIVE on topic CW Multicategories and CBSubs
Let me ask a question, would the files that need to be tweaked to support this in this zip?

cbplug_int_cbsubscontent.zip

We're looking into this now to see if it's possible to tweak a few files to support this functionality. Our challenge is we have a site with 77,000 articles, growing by 1000 a month (medical journal site) and in the past, the editors posted articles twice to have them in two categories and CW Multi-cats seemed like the fix. Well, we know as do most that when you install another addon that monkeys with core features, it breaks something else and thats what happened here and now we need to get some code customized to get this working since it's so important for cross posting.

The reason for multi-categories is menu navigation. Thats the bane of Joomla's existence is if you can navigate via menus, then it's easy to organize content. :)

Eric Caldwell
Web-JIVE.com

10 years 9 months ago #231073 by krileon
It's probably not going to take a modification to CBSubs, but a modification to your multi-category extension. CBSubs acts on the content triggers so as long as the extension fires those triggers properly it should work. I have no idea how that extension works so the extent of what I can suggest is limited, but if you do need to make modifications then the below is probably where you'll need to make them.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubscontent/cbsubs.content_access.php

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn