[SOLVED] Customizing the GJ invite email text - fields available?

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #231956 by cpaschen
I need to customize the GroupJive email text that is sent.

I've found that in the language file; however, I'm not sure what fields I have available when customizing the text.

I specifically need to include information about the person receiving the invite (i.e. their email address) in the body of the email.

It would also be helpful to have a full list of all fields that are available within email invites. (I searched around the site and the docs and couldn't find anything).

EDIT: I also need to include the name of the person who sent the invite in the email body as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #231978 by krileon

I need to customize the GroupJive email text that is sent.

The GJ invite email uses the below language strings.

Invite to Existing User
Subject:
'[group_override] Invite' => '[group_override] Invite'
Body:
'Hello [username], you were invited to join [group] in [category]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!' => 'Hello [username], you were invited to join [group] in [category]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!'

Invite to New User
Subject:
'[site_name] - [group_override] Invite' => '[site_name] - [group_override] Invite'
Body:
'Hello, you were invited to join [group] in [category]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!<br /><br />NOTE: This message was automatically generated from [site]. You should register with the address at which you received this invite.' => 'Hello, you were invited to join [group] in [category]. Click [invite_link] to join this [group_override]!<br /><br />NOTE: This message was automatically generated from [site]. You should register with the address at which you received this invite.'

I've found that in the language file; however, I'm not sure what fields I have available when customizing the text.

Please see the below tutorial regarding substitution usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

I specifically need to include information about the person receiving the invite (i.e. their email address) in the body of the email.

You can do this by adding substitutions to the invite email language strings.

It would also be helpful to have a full list of all fields that are available within email invites. (I searched around the site and the docs and couldn't find anything).

The list of fields is the fields you have available on your site. So CB > Field Management is a good reference to use.

EDIT: I also need to include the name of the person who sent the invite in the email body as well.

That would, for example, be [name] substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #232008 by cpaschen
PERFECT that tutorial on substitutions was exactly what I needed.

Sorry that I didn't find that before. I didn't search on the word 'substitutions'.

I've used CB for years but just starting to use all the power of the system. There's some VERY nice features here ... just got to get up-to-speed on them!

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn