Need a Easier Way

10 years 8 months ago #232599 by njjacob
Need a Easier Way was created by njjacob
I just took this website over for a client who was doing things very hard. They always had CB and CBSubs but it doesn't seem like there using it right.
I am looking for a tutorial for them in case they need to do things by hand.

This is what her told me, I am gathering he is doing everything from the front-end? I am confused.. There has got to be an easier way for them to do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>>>
In a nutshell: NEW MEMBERS

People apply for membership by entering their details in our website.
If they don't, I have to do it for them.
This generates a basket with a ref number (sadly those numbers are close to our current membership numbers!).

If they pay by PayPal it's automatically marked as paid.
If they pay by bank transfer or money order, I have to go into "baskets" and record their payment.

After their membership application is accepted at the next meeting, I go to Joomla Administration and then into USER MANAGER. (I think this is the CB Users)

I look up the newbie and see that the username is still an email address.
There is a red cross under "enabled", a green tick under "confirmed" and a red clock icon under "approved".

When I click on the red cross it turns into a green tick, and automatically generates the new membership number.
This number now appears in the "username" column.
Then I click on the red clock icon, which also turns into a green tick.

Now the new member has a membership number and 3 green ticks, so I'm finished!
An email is then automatically generated and sent to the new person telling them their number, and giving them a password to enter the members area of our site.
They can log in and look at their profile, and see and/or download their tax invoice if they want.

Now Niki, I did not have anything to do with the planning or implementing of the database.
When I took over managing it last year the database was a mess, having had only the minimum of attention for several months.
I received strict instructions on what to do, see manuals, and had to take each question or query to the people employed to run the site.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #232607 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Need a Easier Way
Looks like typical registration with admin approval workflow. It doesn't really get any easier than that unless you disable admin approval. I've no idea why they've disabled the username field, but probably using CB Auto Actions to replace it with their user id is my guess; no idea as I didn't set this up.

What exactly do you want to be easier? For admins it's already only 2 admin tasks (approve payments and approve registrations). For offline payments you can force them accepted if you wanted by editing the Offline payment gateway and setting subscriptions as active even for pending states. This leaves just admin approval, which you can disable within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds