Select dropdown values (OPTIONs) not showing in IE8 with CB Conditional plugin

10 years 7 months ago #232991 by zerodd
Hi gents,

We are using the CBConditional plugin for the registration form in the community for Italian Pharmacists we are building, found here: www.socialfarma.it/index.php/registrati.html

In IE8 and IE7, the dropdowns for 'Data di nascita' and 'provincia di iscrizione albo farmacisti' don't show any values, not by default and not when you click them (see screenshot attached - note that the bug can be reproduced by setting 'browser mode' to IE8 in high-version IE's developer console)

This seems to be caused by the JS code in the CBConditional plugin, because:

-the only errors I see in the IE8 console have to do with a @font-face not being loaded correctly, but removing references to that font do not fix the issue.

- some googling suggested it may be with the CSS. However, unchecking all CSS applied to the SELECT / OPTION elements in the console (F12 in IE8) does not change the issue.

Can you guys help us out here?

Thanks and have a good weekend

ZeroDD
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #232993 by zerodd
(note that SELECTs DO show in IE8 on other parts of the site, so pretty sure it's cbconditional)

10 years 7 months ago #232998 by krileon
It's a bug in CB it self and not CB Conditional. Please see the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3887

You can find quickfix below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/240-potential-bugs/219270-drop-downs-on-ie-8-not-working?start=6#219512

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn