Username still active

10 years 7 months ago #233203 by don5420
Username still active was created by don5420
I disabled the username field and removed it from showing on the registration page because I was the user to only use their email address.

The problem is that in some circumstances the username field is still being submitted when a new user registers and the customer gets a pop-up that says "User name in use". I haven't figured out if this is only certain browsers or what, but it should never be happening since I disabled it.

The site is www.abca.org and I am testing with IE 8 right now. But I have also noticed the issue a few times in the latest version of Firefox.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #233205 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Username still active
If you disable the Username field then it will use Name field as the Username. Name is not Unique so you could end up with invalid registration attempts. If both Username and Name are disabled it will use Email for Username. You can not get rid of Username, it's required by Joomla, so disabling it just hides it; it doesn't disable its functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #233207 by don5420
Replied by don5420 on topic Username still active
Is there a way I can hide the username field and have it auto populate with the email address?

10 years 7 months ago #233210 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Username still active
You can use CB Auto Actions and its Field action on the after registration trigger to update Username to Email, but this won't fix your immediate issue unless you fix existing users to also have their username as email first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn