Possible conflict between current versions of COOLNESS template and SIG-Pro?

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #233979 by IAAF
I have been using SIG-Pro along with joomla and community builder for years. As soon as I installed the lastest version of SIG-Pro on my old site (joomla 1.7 and old version of CB) I could no longer easily maintain site in back-end. Front-end had no problems. The problem was that everytime I would try to save an article (or whatever) the page went blank and I had to refresh page multiple times before it would save and display again.

I thought - OK - I just have to bite the bullet and migrate to all the latest versions of everything I am currently using, so I created a new site at a new location and installed all the latest versions of Joomla 3.1, Community Builder (and using the COOLNESS template). I wanted to avoid crashing my existing site, and clean house as well.

I am now having the similar issues on the new site with the pages displaying blank and the fact that the coolness template is not displaying the page galleries per the settings I have used. I contacted SIG-Pro first and they thought it may be a css conflict and suggested some changes to make. I made the changes as suggested in the css file under the coolness template folder, however it is not working. I was wondering if someone could check the following pages and suggest another fix?

old site - the way the galleries should look

new site - the same page as above

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this problem. Has anyone else had a conflict between community builder templates and SIG-Pro (current version)?

oh - I'm also having an issue with the banners at the bottom of page in new site. I can't get them to rotate (have two customers) and images are not displaying correctly on bottom as they were on the old site. Other than these two issues (I suspect both css related) - everything has been smooth and worked great on the newly created site including the migration of data except that I still have all CB tables to go except comprofiler which I did yesterday.

Thanks for any help you can possibly provide

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #233981 by krileon
I don't understand what the problem is. Your new site doesn't have a gallery module at the bottom of the page like your old site, it's not in the HTML source at all. I'm guessing you were using a more out of date release of Coolness that had old module position usage. I believe latest releases now use the module positions relative to their Joomla version. So you should just have to move the module to the correct position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago #233994 by IAAF
sorry I had two different issues and did not explain very well

1. size of images in the image gallery within content pages are created by SIG-Pro software - this is now RESOLVED. I had to change the last group on the page of the coolness template.css file to

#content IMG {
height: 100% !important;
max-width: 100% !important;
}

I changed height from auto to 100%. The images are now displaying correctly.

2. The Banner image on the FOOTER (sorry I said bottom!) is off for height as it looks like its fallen off the page

Thank you so much!

10 years 7 months ago #233996 by krileon

2. The Banner image on the FOOTER (sorry I said bottom!) is off for height as it looks like its fallen off the page

Looks like it's being pushed down by the margin of a second empty module. Do you have 2 modules in that position? Maybe a Custom HTML module with no content?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #234052 by IAAF
I'm getting so close to being done but have a few new issues after finishing populating all the comprofiler tables (exported from old site and imported into new database). I just can't figure out the following two problems.

1. It appears that the totals are not showing up correctly in the profile image galleries. Where are the Current Items and Current Storage numbers stored? I tried playing around with the settings in my gallery, and now I can't even access my profile at all from the front end. If trying to go directly via the url , I just receive a blank page. If I click the 'My Profile' link on the left hand navigation, I receive an html 404 error (page not found) so am trying to find what the error is. I thought this may possibly be a memory issue since I had initially set the max sizes much larger, so I lowered the max sizes but that did not help. I can access all other galleries from the front end - just not mine. I tried to disable my profile image gallery from the backend but that did not work either.

I'm attaching 2 pics. One pic shows the number of items and the current storage used.

2. The other shows how the sizes of the gallery action items (delete, unpublish) are huge. I discovered that the same tweak that fixed the height of my SIG-Pro galleries on my article pages is also the style used for these delete, unpublish and other action icons on the cb profile galleries. I switched back the 100% to 'auto' for the height so now my SIG-Pro images are not displaying correctly but the image gallery action icons are back to displaying correctly. Is there anyway to fix this other than creating a new style specifically for the SIG-Pro gallery displays (not sure where I would put that or from where I would call it). If no, I will contact the SIG-Pro people.

I apologize for all these questions but am just getting so close to being finished. I actually can't believe I got this far.

I still need to check to see if I have more than one module in the footer.
Attachments:

10 years 7 months ago #234070 by krileon

1. It appears that the totals are not showing up correctly in the profile image galleries. Where are the Current Items and Current Storage numbers stored?

It's stored to _comprofiler in the cb_pgtotalitems column and cb_pgtotalsize column.

I tried playing around with the settings in my gallery, and now I can't even access my profile at all from the front end. If trying to go directly via the url , I just receive a blank page. If I click the 'My Profile' link on the left hand navigation, I receive an html 404 error (page not found) so am trying to find what the error is. I thought this may possibly be a memory issue since I had initially set the max sizes much larger, so I lowered the max sizes but that did not help. I can access all other galleries from the front end - just not mine. I tried to disable my profile image gallery from the backend but that did not work either.

No idea what you've done to cause the error, but to find out what the actual error is you need to have debug mode and maximum error reporting configured in your Joomla global configuration. Once done re-test and see what the actual error is.

I'm attaching 2 pics. One pic shows the number of items and the current storage used.

Your first screenshot has negative values. That could be causing your problem. Please check your database columns as mentioned above.

2. The other shows how the sizes of the gallery action items (delete, unpublish) are huge. I discovered that the same tweak that fixed the height of my SIG-Pro galleries on my article pages is also the style used for these delete, unpublish and other action icons on the cb profile galleries. I switched back the 100% to 'auto' for the height so now my SIG-Pro images are not displaying correctly but the image gallery action icons are back to displaying correctly. Is there anyway to fix this other than creating a new style specifically for the SIG-Pro gallery displays (not sure where I would put that or from where I would call it). If no, I will contact the SIG-Pro people.

Just remove the below CSS block and it should be fine.

IN: templates/coolness/css/template.css
ON: Line 2083
#content IMG {
max-width: 100% !important;
height: auto !important;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn