Click counter field

10 years 7 months ago #234168 by Ntelos
Click counter field was created by Ntelos
Hello there.

Is there a possibility to create a cb field which will be like a button and will count clicks on it?

Its like you have a click-me-button and each time the user clicks on it, then you have another field that counts those clicks?

If yes, then is there a possibility to add a click limit?For example, to let the user clicks only 5 times inside 5 minutes, then he/she have to wait another 5 minutes in order to be able to click again.

Thank you in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #234201 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Click counter field
Best I can suggest is the Points field. It allows you to increment it using -/+ buttons. There's no lockout time or anything though, but it'll be improved for next CB release were it'll become a core fieldtype.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ntelos

10 years 7 months ago #234452 by Ntelos
Replied by Ntelos on topic Click counter field
Another idea that came through is to create a button in module which executes a PHP script that adds one to an integer CB field.

Inside the script I can add a timer in order not to let users click more than once in a minute

Would that do the work?

10 years 6 months ago #234491 by krileon
I guess so, but you'll need to custom develop that. Next CB release has the points field implement as a core field and it has a increment delay feature so next CB release completely covers your needs. So I wouldn't invest too much time into creating a custom solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #234506 by Ntelos
Replied by Ntelos on topic Click counter field
Thank you very much for your help!Any predictions of the time that will take for the next release?

10 years 6 months ago #234508 by krileon

Any predictions of the time that will take for the next release?

It's scheduled for the end of October. Maybe done sooner. Maybe done later. I can't say specifically, but am doing my best to get everything done as soon as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn