[SOLVED] PHP error experienced on new CB Subs Joomla istallation

10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #236032 by RobGG
I have been working through expanding tabs and fields in CB and then adding details and additional subscription plans in CB Subs on a Joomla 2.5 project under construction. The site is VPS under cPanel.

When saving a new CB Subs plan (few fields other than default the following error arose:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate abstract class cbpaidProduct in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>ataaasn/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/models/table/cbpaidInstanciator.php on line 137

Currently the full server is frozen. I have access to the WHM console.

Your assistance would be welcome. (What further information would assist)

Regards,

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #236038 by krileon
This is typically due to a faulty gateway row in _cbsubs_gateway_accounts database table. Please review your database table _cbsubs_gateway_accounts and ensure all the rows are valid and relevant gateways you've created in CBSubs > Gateways. Please also ensure CBSubs is completely up to date (3.0).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236263 by RobGG
Hi,

We have checked the DB table that you suggest and all appears in order. CBSubs is completely up to date. Currently we have two gateways installed, one to eWay, the other to eWay sandbox. Both have been tested in the recent past and had no edits in this area were made within the session in question.

More information on the problem:
To manage this error that froze the web server the host (Flexihosts) marked the folder: public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscritions as .bak (This means that both CB and CB Subs are inaccessible, CB appear but is unavalable to "Edit").

The PHP file within this folder that threw the error is: cbpaidinstanciator.php (at line 137).

The same error re-occurs if we remove the bak designation, the server application stops again and it is necessary to rename the folder to regain access to the site.

Immediately before the error occurred I was in CB Subs and added an ACL table reference to the “Registered Visitor” plan to point to Registered Visitor via a drop down box. The error occurred when Enter was pressed. Earlier in the day the ACL access table was edited to move some categories around.

The data field changed in the above step was traced to the database and appears to be: qop4i_ cbsubs_plans, the field in question: usergroup We have attempted to correct the error by removing the entries in user group but the same error reoccurs.

One option is to now reinstall CBSubs, however if this error is caused by a data inconsistency within the database them the same error is likely to reoccur.

What do you recommend? (We can provide access to the site if you wish.)

On the basis of how the error occurred it would seem to me that this is a serious “error bug” in the CBSubs code. Changing a configurable, open, data field value via a dropdown should not result in a total program fail.

Regards, Robert

10 years 6 months ago #236272 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials as well as database access credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 6 months ago #236301 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and your issue was due to an empty plan row in _cbsubs_plans database table. The only way for this to happen is if someone or something put it there as CBSubs can not save an empty row like that. I've removed the empty row and everything is working fine now. Also noticed you had CBSubs DOCman installed, but you're using DOCman 2.x. You do not need our CBSubs DOCman plugin in this situation as DOCman 2.x now uses Joomla usergroups instead of its own custom groups, which was the only purpose of the plugin (to assign DOCman usergroups, which don't exist now).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 6 months ago #236311 by RobGG
Hi Kyle,
Thank you the site is working well. The empty table row will remain a mystery. Docman plugin now removed.

Regards,
Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn