External Integration

10 years 5 months ago #236351 by inet2800
External Integration was created by inet2800
Hi,

First of all I want to congratulate you guys for such a great product. I only have a few question before I proceed with my project.

1) I'm trying to use Auto Action and I'm getting this error:

www.dropbox.com/s/hwpxixtbywkqyxd/Screenshot%202013-11-05%2016.04.40.png

This happens after I create my Action and try to edit.

2) How does CBSubs call an external program for integration to an external process?

3) If a query action fails, how do we control the error?

4) Also when the query action occurs? Before or after the payment gateway? Can you give us a flow sequence?

5) Is there a built in process for referrals? For example a referral a friend program?

6) In the credit card input page, how can I customize that page? We are using Authorize.net ARB.

7) We have an existing platform running OSE membership and we see that you have an import but not for all the fields we require. We are using Authorize.net as the payment gateway and we need to migrate the subscription ID. Can we point us to the right direction?

Best Regards,
Lucas G.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236358 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic External Integration

Try to edit what? Your action again? Profile edit? Please be more specific. Nothing in the error callstack points to CB, but is pointing to Joomlas menu module.

2) How does CBSubs call an external program for integration to an external process?

It doesn't, CBSubs can't protect anything outside of Joomla.

You don't, you make sure your query is written correctly and can't fail.

4) Also when the query action occurs? Before or after the payment gateway? Can you give us a flow sequence?

That depends entirely on the trigger used. However, to execute a query based off subscription status you should use CBSubs SQL Actions and not CB Auto Actions.

5) Is there a built in process for referrals? For example a referral a friend program?

Yes, CBSubs has integration plugins for Post Affiliate Pro and iDevAffiliate affiliation programs. Aside from that, no there is no internal affiliation system in place.

6) In the credit card input page, how can I customize that page? We are using Authorize.net ARB.

Using CSS is the best approach. Right click and inspect element in Chrome or Firefox with Firebug to see the CSS classes/IDs. If you need to make any HTML adjustments you can find CBSubs template files at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/templates/

7) We have an existing platform running OSE membership and we see that you have an import but not for all the fields we require. We are using Authorize.net as the payment gateway and we need to migrate the subscription ID. Can we point us to the right direction?

CBSubs Import is not for importing 1:1 from another system. CBSubs will create CBSubs subscriptions based off the information provided. This bypasses the payment process so there is no payment information stored. CBSubs will not be able to pick up subscriptions from your other system as they both send their own information to the gateway and that information will be missing for CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #236362 by inet2800
Replied by inet2800 on topic External Integration

Try to edit what? Your action again? Profile edit? Please be more specific. Nothing in the error callstack points to CB, but is pointing to Joomlas menu module.

I created an action query type and I did my query using the internal database and it works perfect but when I choose external database and Apply or save it, I get this message:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message ' SQL=SELECT a.*, SUM(b.home) AS home,b.language,l.image,l.sef,l.title_native FROM inl_menu_types AS a LEFT JOIN inl_menu AS b ON b.menutype = a.menutype AND b.home != 0 LEFT JOIN inl_languages AS l ON l.lang_code = language WHERE (b.client_id = 0 OR b.client_id IS NULL) GROUP BY a.id, a.menutype, a.description, a.title, b.menutype,b.language,l.image,l.sef,l.title_native' in /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysql.php:337 Stack trace: #0 /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1281): JDatabaseDriverMysql->execute() #1 /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/administrator/modules/mod_menu/helper.php(47): JDatabaseDriver->loadObjectList() #2 /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/administrator/modules/mod_menu/tmpl/default_enabled.php(181): ModMenuHelper::getMenus() #3 /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/administrator/modules/mod_menu/tmpl/default.php(14): require('/home/demolibin...') #4 /home/d in /home/demolibiny/demo.libiny.com/shd/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysql.php on line 337

You don't, you make sure your query is written correctly and can't fail.

I'm calling an external database so how do I detected if that fails? For example: Let's say that my server is down, how am I going to detect the error to prevent a user to subscribe to a plan?

10 years 5 months ago #236366 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic External Integration

I created an action query type and I did my query using the internal database and it works perfect but when I choose external database and Apply or save it, I get this message:

Am not able to confirm your issue. Please provide Joomla version and ensure CB Auto Actions is completely up to date. Error appears to be coming from Joomlas SQL driver meaning there is probably an error in the query or connecting to your external database.

I'm calling an external database so how do I detected if that fails? For example: Let's say that my server is down, how am I going to detect the error to prevent a user to subscribe to a plan?

You can't, it'll just fatally error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn