[SOLVED] Blog Integration

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #237852 by AIMA12
[SOLVED] Blog Integration was created by AIMA12
I have done several searches and looked at the support area for a possible walk through. The user manual touches on a user blog section and references mamboblog. The current release of mamboblog is not supported by Joomla 3.x

I took a look at EasyBoard but it is not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to get a bit more functionality for my users.

I have looked at CJblog and found that it has features in which I'm looking for. There are some plug in's from CJ that pull some if it over to CB. *as a note to other readers there are only a few that have been updated beyond 2.5 at this time.

I know the onus is upon us to work with 3rd party. However, if I need to adjust some CB code I prefer to get it from CB than a 3rd party.

I'm wondering if there was a way to get CB to recognize CJBlog as the blog to recognize when the feature is activated?

**Adding an edit to this.
I did search the forum. I really didn't find anything related to CJBlog. Did an internet search using "CJBlog and CB Integration" and derivatives of that. All I found were the plugins for specific functions.
Searched Joomla forums as well. I found a thread but the topic was back in 2010.

What I'm looking for is a Blog that individual users can use which supports avatar and ratings. Ratings is the critical part. Also need the article to be attached to the user profile.

Once I have this set up I will have the base of my site complete and then can start on setting up CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237868 by AIMA12
Replied by AIMA12 on topic Blog Integration
Got it solved.

I used the CBBlog plug-in. It's actually too bad that CJBlog can't be used. When looking into it it seems like a lot of people like CJ but there isn't a simple way to bring the two together.

I got a response from the developer of CJ and he has written a couple of plug-ins for CB to bring in a couple of his smaller components, but not much for the blog.

I'll look into it some more later on. I have other things I need to move onto in order to get my community up and running.

Frustrating.

10 years 5 months ago #237903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Blog Integration
CB Blogs will officially replace our mamboblog plugin in next CB release so it'll be included and maintained with each CB release. Same with Content Author being replaced with CB Articles and Forum Integration being replaced with CB Forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn