Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #238115 by LukeDouglas
I have a request to have any paid subscriber to automatically have a friends request to the owner of the website upon initial subscription. I checked the CBSubs, CB and GroupJive manuals but could not find anything on how this can be done.

Is it possible? If so, how can it be done?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago #238154 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
This can be done using CB Auto Actions. The below action configuration should do what you're wanting.

Type: Connection
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A
Users: OWNER_USER_ID_HERE

Change PLAN_ID_HERE to the plan id of the plan you want this to affect. Change OWNER_USER_ID_HERE to the user id of the site owner to connect subscribers to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 5 months ago #238191 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
Krileon,

How does this look?

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago #238212 by krileon
Your first condition is incorrect. You can't supply a comma separated list of IDs. If you want to support multiple IDs in a single action you'll need to use REGEX as follows.

[var3] Is REGEX /1|2/

Separate more IDs with a |. Aside from that everything else looks ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

10 years 5 months ago #238268 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Automatic Friends Request / Confirmed
Kyle (FYI, my Dad and Brothers name is Kyle :cheer: )

OK, my bad due to miscommunication. It seems what they want is to have the owner send a 'friends' request to the new subscriber as soon as they join. How can I do that?

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago #238279 by krileon
Use the after registration trigger and remove the conditions. It should do exactly what you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon