Problem integrating CB Pro with CB Profile Pro

10 years 3 months ago #239052 by daveyshmave
I'm new to Joomla and I'm using CB Pro with CB Profile Pro on a Joomla 3 site. I added a bunch of new fields to users and that all seems to work okay. However, when I installed CB Profile Pro and used that the create a profile page to display only the new fields I added, it works fine to view, but when you go to edit the profile the validation fails and says that Name, Email, Username are required fields. However, I don't want to display those fields on the page, I only want the users to be able to update the new custom fields I added.

I also tried adding these fields in the edit profile area to see if the default functionality would work and I get an error saying "Unnamed user Profile Page". Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
{tabposition cb_head}
{tab My Custom Profile}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239058 by krileon
We're not the developers of CB Profile Pro. We do not support CB Profile Pro as it causes display and validation issues. Please disable or uninstall it entirely and see if you still have issues or contact the developers of CB Profile Pro for support regarding its usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239066 by daveyshmave
Replied by daveyshmave on topic Problem integrating CB Pro with CB Profile Pro
Thanks for the quick response. I've been reading through the forums and doing google searches and I see that lots of other people have had similar issues (some of which you've helped before) and have resolved them by modifying the appropriate configuration settings in CB. I've tried those suggestions and they didn't work for me. Does anyone know if there is a final solution to this problem? I've tried contacting Joomduck but my forum posts don't show up and I don't hear anything back from them so if anyone can help with this I would appreciate it so much!

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239075 by edb1
If you include the name, email and the username on the profile page all should be well.

I believe that you can then hide these fields using cb profilepro show/hide
Although I haven`t checked this,as a first guess I would try

#show
#if
field name
#empty

as a way to hide the field if it has a value while still keeping it on the page.

show /hide is pretty easy to use in profilepro, the tags simply wrap around the field / text you want to show or hide.

Try that.
Post back if it works for you

10 years 3 months ago #239090 by krileon

daveyshmave wrote: Thanks for the quick response. I've been reading through the forums and doing google searches and I see that lots of other people have had similar issues (some of which you've helped before) and have resolved them by modifying the appropriate configuration settings in CB. I've tried those suggestions and they didn't work for me. Does anyone know if there is a final solution to this problem? I've tried contacting Joomduck but my forum posts don't show up and I don't hear anything back from them so if anyone can help with this I would appreciate it so much!

Once you've completely disabled CB Profile Pro and if your issue continues after doing so I'll be able to help, but I can't help with a product that we did not create that is known to cause problems just like this.

If fields are outputting as blank or Unknown then ensure within CB > Field Management they are set to display on profile. Next ensure they're on fully accessible tabs (must be enabled with appropriate access). Those two situations are the only way for a substitution that CB outputs to result in a blank field or in case of name Unknown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn