CB Subs annual renewals and account expirations

10 years 3 months ago #239245 by allenjj
CB Subs. I created several paid membership categories along with a free lifetime membership with limited site access. I just realized when the paid memberships expire the individual looses all access to the site. How can I get a paid membership upon expiration to revert to the free lifetime membership access? Also once an account has expired, how would an end user go about renewing their membership when they have no log in access?

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239246 by allenjj
Also I should note that curious enough I can not access CBSubs support forum as it says i need a membership.

John

10 years 3 months ago #239257 by krileon

How can I get a paid membership upon expiration to revert to the free lifetime membership access?

You can't unless the free plan is a parent of the paid plan. Users with just a parent plan always revert to the internal free lifetime plan. Currently you can't select a fallback plan, but such a feature is planned. They also shouldn't lose access unless you have free registrations disabled within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Also once an account has expired, how would an end user go about renewing their membership when they have no log in access?

When they attempt to login it should ask them to renew or upgrade. So ensure the plan can be publicly accessed.

Also I should note that curious enough I can not access CBSubs support forum as it says i need a membership.

You don't have a CBSubs subscription. You have a Developer subscription, which has higher priority. So you'll want to always post here.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239284 by allenjj
So until there is an upgrade that allows a fallback plan, if I move my paid plans under the parent plan of lifetime free, then it would default to the settings I have set up for lifetime free? If I changed all my plans from exclusive, could I set up the system to give every paid plan a free lifetime plan as well? I created a limited lifetime plan in order to limit some access and included renewals for it annually so that the automated letters would offer the paid options at least several times annually during the renewal period.

John

10 years 3 months ago #239306 by krileon

So until there is an upgrade that allows a fallback plan, if I move my paid plans under the parent plan of lifetime free, then it would default to the settings I have set up for lifetime free?

Yes, they'd have all the benefits of the free lifetime plan plus whatever plan they paid for. When the paid plan expires they'd still be a member of the free lifetime plan. This currently is one of the only ways to accomplish this. The alternative is have all plans, except the free lifetime plan, as non-exclusive parent plans.

If I changed all my plans from exclusive, could I set up the system to give every paid plan a free lifetime plan as well?

If all plans, except your free lifetime plan, were non-exclusive then they're be required to have the free lifetime plan. They then can add the other plans onto it. Depending on your needs this could be good or bad.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn