Free subscribed charged

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239281 by LukeDouglas
Free subscribed charged was created by LukeDouglas
Kyle,

I believe I know the answer to this but I wanted to confirm. If a subscriber has their account upgraded to a free subscription, then management will have to log into Authorize.net to terminate the recurring charge. Is this correct?

Here is where their monthly subscription was upgraded to an annual subscription (they won a contest). However, look at the original monthly subscription recurrings used which is 6 and the expiration date of 2013-12-19! This is a date which is 'less' than what I would expect it would be which is 2014-01-03! This is the same problem as in my other posts so let's don't get into that aspect on this ticket.

Here is where they had originally paid.

However, they were charged on 2014-01-03.

So there is no functionality within CBSubs that will 'terminate' a recurring charge on Authorize.net on an account that has either been terminated or upgraded. Is this correct?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #239303 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Free subscribed charged

So there is no functionality within CBSubs that will 'terminate' a recurring charge on Authorize.net on an account that has either been terminated or upgraded. Is this correct?

There is, that's how the cancellations work. It should be running the cancellation API call before the upgrade completes so the previous subscription can cancel its recurring profile. This assumes "Authorize.net name (API login id):", "Authorize.net transaction key:", and "Authorize.net MD5 Hash:" have all been properly configured so the API call can be made. If this isn't working then it's a bug that'll need to be fixed in next release.

Also both of those subscriptions say not auto recurring. So they are single payments. The only way for it to recurring by 6 is if the user manually renewed it 6 times, which is possible because you allow renewal in advance by 1 year based off your other topic regarding this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239337 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Free subscribed charged
Kyle,

The Authorize.net Gateway looked like it was configured properly but I noticed that the 'Silent Post URL above is" setting was incorrect as the link had 'http://...' whereas the Authorize.net was 'https://...'. I have changed the Authorized.net to 'http://...'. Also the setting was set to not configured so I now have it set to 'set at Authorize.net' on our side.

Could this be the reason that the recurring charge on the Authorize.net was not cancelled when the upgrade was performed on our end?

As I've PM'd the login credentials for another post, could you also look at this?

10 years 3 months ago #239340 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Free subscribed charged

Could this be the reason that the recurring charge on the Authorize.net was not cancelled when the upgrade was performed on our end?

Yes, it sounds like your gateway is not configured correctly as the hash is not validating. Meaning the API call is failing. Please review your CBSubs documentation carefully and configure Authorize.net exactly as instructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239353 by LukeDouglas
Replied by LukeDouglas on topic Free subscribed charged
Kyle,

I confirmed the MD5 Hash is correct.

Now as far as recurrings, I have set the annual and monthly plans for Renewable in advance by = 'Only after expiration' and set the grace period to 1 day. Hopefully, this will ensure that no one can do multiple renewals which could potentially create multiple 'recurrings' and an 'expiration date' way far into the future.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn