Paid Membership renewal

10 years 3 months ago #239327 by jonbrennan
Paid Membership renewal was created by jonbrennan
Hi

We have a paid membership site with the validity of Current Year.
We're using latest CB and CBSubs.

A Member who skipped membership renewal last year(2013) wants to renew membership this current year, 2014.
But CBSubs asking for renewing 2013 now.
We don't want to create new account for him.

Is there any way we can achieve this?
He'll pay for 2014 and have his account active for 2014.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #239336 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Paid Membership renewal
Edit your plan and on the Pricing tab ensure "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows:" is set to "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date - whichever happens last (allows free gap)" or "Renewal starts at payment date (allows overlap or free gap)" and it should behave as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #239343 by jonbrennan
Replied by jonbrennan on topic Paid Membership renewal
Hi krileon,

Thanks for your reply.

All the plans already have that setting set properly as you've mentioned.
That is for manual renewal. right?
Does Auto renewal( renewal by the member himself) doesn't allow free gap?
If so, is there any way we can change that?

Thanks Again.

10 years 3 months ago #239345 by krileon
Auto renewal doesn't allow for free gaps. There should never be a free gap if it's automatically renewing as CBSubs has no "pause" type feature for subscriptions. If the user expired or cancelled then came back to re-subscribe then it's a manual renewal. If they're subscribing for recurring again then it's a manual renewal with auto recurring payments. This maybe just a display issue, but I find it hard to believe the display is off by 9 days. Is the pricing display on the Presentation tab of your plan still set to automatic?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonbrennan

10 years 3 months ago #239364 by jonbrennan
Replied by jonbrennan on topic Paid Membership renewal

krileon wrote: Auto renewal doesn't allow for free gaps. There should never be a free gap if it's automatically renewing as CBSubs has no "pause" type feature for subscriptions. If the user expired or cancelled then came back to re-subscribe then it's a manual renewal. If they're subscribing for recurring again then it's a manual renewal with auto recurring payments. This maybe just a display issue, but I find it hard to believe the display is off by 9 days. Is the pricing display on the Presentation tab of your plan still set to automatic?

The pricing display on the Presentation tab of all the plan is set to automatic.
So we have to manually renew such users.
It makes sense though would've been nice if there was an option to do otherwise.

Thanks for your help.

10 years 3 months ago #239399 by krileon
If the user is expired or cancelled it should renew correctly for the current year. I assume by current year validity you mean "This calendar year" duration. Please provide what the start month and day is of "This calendar year" as this makes a significant difference as to when it considers the year to be over. It should be left blank for it to properly follow the year start/end.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn