Creating sub accounts

10 years 3 months ago #240547 by butlero54
Creating sub accounts was created by butlero54
I have a membership plan for my website wherein, one attorney can create and pay for an account. This attorney can then have up to four free user accounts (with unique username and passwords) that are active as long as the main account is up to date. Is there anyway I can do this in CB Subs? with Child accounts, or coupons or something?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #240585 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating sub accounts
That's basically family plan usage, which CBSubs does not have. We have plans to implement such functionality, but no idea when it'll be available. There's a couple of solutions available to accomplish this though. For example using a password field with CB Query Field and a CBSubs Promotions or generating coupon codes using CBSubs SQL Actions. Both usage examples have been provided, please search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #240625 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Creating sub accounts

butlero54 wrote: I have a membership plan for my website wherein, one attorney can create and pay for an account. This attorney can then have up to four free user accounts (with unique username and passwords) that are active as long as the main account is up to date. Is there anyway I can do this in CB Subs? with Child accounts, or coupons or something?

This feature is something that is not available yet.

It really has to be implemented correctly to work as you describe.

There are solutions that can be implemented to automatically create new users and give them new free subscriptions using CB Auto Actions - but I feel that they are not the way to go.

I am working on a tutorial that attempts to do as much as possible for this use case.

I will post back when I have something to show.

10 years 2 months ago #241788 by butlero54
Replied by butlero54 on topic Creating sub accounts
Thanks, I look forward to your tutorial :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn