Terms and Conditions for CB 2.0

10 years 1 month ago #243716 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Terms and Conditions for CB 2.0
Having a No option that blocks registration doesn't make sense and would infuriate users. If they don't agree they just don't check the checkbox, which will block registration as you're wanting. Nearly every terms and conditions usage out there is the same usage we have implement, which is ideal as users are familiar with it and is the web standard.

For your usage it sounds like you need a middle-man page. For example you'd create a Joomla article that has your terms and conditions on it. At the bottom would be 2 buttons. 1 for "I Agree" and 1 for "I Disagree". Clicking "I Agree" would take you to CB registration. Clicking "I Disagree" would send you back to the home page. This usage is also another web standard (or software standard actually) that users are familiar with.

We would like to use also CB Connect plugin and let users create their account using FB etc... but I need them to accept privacy, terms etc... as soon as the app redirects them to the site (best would also be to ask them to accept privacy and terms soon as they click on the register with FB etc... but at moment I see that's not really possible)

Latest CB Connect works fine with terms and conditions in 1.9.1. It'll ask them to accept the terms on the incomplete registration page (assuming the global terms and conditions parameter is enabled). For CB 2.0 the new release of CB Connect will attempt to validate the internal registration, if it fails it'll pre-fill normal registration so the registration processes are not broken apart for the two user types.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn