User Lists URLs

10 years 1 month ago #243664 by stuntlist
User Lists URLs was created by stuntlist
Hi,

We have a Joomla 1.5 site which we are trying to update to Joomla 3.2, CB 1.9.1 and CB Subs 3.0.0.

We have about 25 different CB Lists setup. In Joomla 1.5 you could choose what CB List you wanted to display in the menu item, but in Joomla 3 that feature is missing. So, what I am trying to use is System Link > External URL and put in the CB List "URL for menu link to this list:" field for the URL (eg index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=8). I need the URL for these lists to have the same format but what I am getting is very strange results. With all of these menu items I have them set as External URLs using the list URL and this is what I get on the frontend of the site:

The West Male Member List has this URL: /west-members-male which has the complete member list (default list), not the West Male member list
The West Female list has this URL: /component/comprofiler/userslist/west_female_members?Itemid=478
West Full Member list has: /component/comprofiler/userslist/west_members?Itemid=28
East Female list has: /east-members-female/userslist/east_female_members
East Male has: /east-members-male/userslist/east_male_members
East Full has: /east-members/userslist/east_members

As you can see the URLs are completely different for East and West lists and the one list doesn't even work properly.

The Joomla redirect manager is disabled. There are no redirects in .htaccess for these links.

I looked in the database and some things are different. tried to change the alias and path fields but it didn't make any difference. I tried changing the component id and that didn't change anything either.
See db list:

Any idea how to get the West Male member list to display the list it should and how to get the URLs to be all displayed consistently?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #243698 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Lists URLs
This is a known issue in CB 1.9.1, but is fixed in CB 2.0. It was due to Joomla drastically changing menu parameter usage/behavior and missing backwards compatibility for task instead of strictly using view. External Joomla URLs also do not SEF properly so the only way to SEF them nicely is usually 3rd party SEF extension. Itemid also does not work properly for External Joomla URLs so assigning modules will be problematic. There's really not much of a solution to this in 1.9.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #243763 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic User Lists URLs
Hi,

Will this be a problem in Joomla 2.5 as well? If we were using Joomla 2.5 instead of Joomla 3 would we be having all of these issues with 1.9.1?

10 years 1 month ago #243779 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User Lists URLs

stuntlist wrote: Hi,

Will this be a problem in Joomla 2.5 as well? If we were using Joomla 2.5 instead of Joomla 3 would we be having all of these issues with 1.9.1?

Yes, problem exists in J25 also.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds