Bootstrap css color change

9 years 6 months ago #250109 by activha
Bootstrap css color change was created by activha
Hello

With the new CB 2.0 is there an easy way to change the default blue bootstrap color other than completely change the template css file ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Bootstrap css color change
No, not yet. We've some custom LESS files used to generate the template CSS files. Idea is to develop a plugin to allow you to easily generate new template styles, but I need to first get our current plugins upgraded before starting any new projects. To re-color you'll need to modify bootstrap.css as it's where most of the styling comes from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250112 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Bootstrap css color change
Very good idea this new plugin.
Is there any way to add a css override to avoid changing bootstrap.css ?

9 years 6 months ago #250235 by krileon
The override CSS should be added to template.css as it's always loaded after bootstrap.css making it easy to override the selectors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago #250247 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Bootstrap css color change
It's a bit complicated with the change of colors occurring everywhere in links and buttons ;-)

For now I will change bootstrap.css manually.

If you make a plugin, there are also template.css in blogs, groupjive and other plugins to sync with :-)

Thanks

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250271 by krileon
The plugin I've planned will not generate styling for other plugins. Its purpose will be to generate new templates for CB to make it easy to have different color themes. As long as the CB plugin is using Bootstrap 3 markup then it will auto use the generated theme fine. This is already the case for most plugins (e.g. CB Blogs) and will be for those that haven't been upgraded yet (e.g. CB GroupJive).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn