Use URL rewriting causes Facebook authentication to halt (CB Connect)

9 years 4 months ago #254676 by dg1982
When enabled, everything works fine but the Facebook authentication freezes... get stuck at

domain.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnect/endpoint.php?hauth.done=Facebook&code=xxxxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254715 by krileon
This is a known issue that's fixed with next release (6.0.3) that has just been released. Please update and retest. If issue persists please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then retest to see if any fatal errors are output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254728 by dg1982
Installed update. When in debug mode the redirect is interrupted and the link to proceed works. In non-debug mode, same issue described above persists. When I turn off URL rewriting it works fine.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254748 by krileon
Are you using 3rd party or Joomla SEF? I've tested it working fine with Joomla SEF, but 3rd party SEF extensions maybe altering the URL too much. Are you redirected to Facebook and your return from Facebook is causing this?

Update: I've retested with Joomla SEF, rewrite enabled, and .htaccess. It's still working in my tests. Please also provide Joomla version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254758 by dg1982
Ok now its doing it sporadically even with URL rewriting turned off. I've disabled all the caching too and it will still do it. If I shift-F5 refresh sometimes it will work, then i logout and try to login, hangs again. This does appear to be happening upon Facebook returning data to the site.

With debugging on I get this message at the top of the page (upon return)

string(54) ":: Action 1 :: Conditional 1 failed for 42: 32 Empty 0"

9 years 4 months ago #254765 by krileon
It looks like you've too much trying to happen at once and it's just hanging your server. You've CB Auto Actions probably acting on the registration or login trigger, which if there's an error in any of your actions it won't go any further. When returning from Facebook the Facebook API library is called and prepared. Next your Facebook profile data is pulled using a API call from Facebooks API library. This can be slow at times depending on your server performance, your server load, and Facebooks own performance. If it's only happening every now and again then I would bet on server performance.

Unfortunately I can not confirm your issue with or without SEF and with or without URL rewriting. Try disabling CB Auto Actions and see if your issue persists. If it does continue disabling on-core plugins to free up server resources and see if it does any better.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn