Errors after uploadeing a CB 2.x compatible language plugin

9 years 4 months ago #254727 by erichburkhard
HI There,

Environment: Joomla 3.3.6
CB: 2.0.4
CBSubs: latest versiono

I have a really strange behaviour :

1. I choose the language plugin: plug_language_german_de-DE_2.0.3-1.0.0+c6ee9a4cf (compatible with CB 2.x) and installed it

2. The 'successfully uploaded' message appears and the plugin-entry is also visible in the CB plugin list with the name 'de-DE'

3. In the Admin Backend I go to Community Builder/Tools/Check Community Builder Database .........the following warning appears:

"Warning: 1 entries in Community Builder __comprofiler_plugin are duplicates.

plugin=de-DE pluginid=594

This one can be fixed by first backing up database then by clicking here."

4. I click on this hyper link which sould fix the 'wrong' database table......it seems to work....but after this 'correction' the language plugin 'de-DE' has been disappeared from the CB plugin list ?!?

....this behaviour is really strange for me....I already tried to delete the whole de-DE folder which is located under: /production/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/de-de ....but I get always the same result. I also looked onto the table: __comprofiler_plugin ....but there are absolutely no duplicate entries ?!?

any idea?

Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #254745 by krileon
That error means you have 2 plugins installed with the exact same element. Delete your old German language plugin then install your new one (normally you should be able to install over it). If you're still having issues you may need to check the _comprofiler_plugins table and find the two rows with the same elements and delete one. Run the other CB database tools as it could be an old plugin row that has had its files deleted, but not its database row.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #254947 by erichburkhard
Hi Kyle - so due to your help I found the problem and know how to fix it ...but...at the same time I think I have found a real issue concerning language plugins when you install more of them at the same time:

You remember: I triggered the backend-query in 'Community Builder'/'Tools'/'Check Community Builder Database' .........the following warning appeared:

"Warning: 1 entries in Community Builder __comprofiler_plugin are duplicates.

plugin=de-DE pluginid=594"

...so your hint was correct that there are at least 2 rows in the table '_comprofiler_plugin' with the same value in the 'element' column (I found 2 records with the value 'language' in the 'element'-colum)....BUT THE INTERESTING THING was the following: ....the first record belonged to the german-plugin and the second record belonged to the english-plugin!!!

...so my second question was: From where does this element name 'language' come from ...and I found that this information is inside an XML file:

..as follows the corresponding XML-file for the german plugin

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<cbinstall version="1.0" type="plugin" group="language" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="file:../../../../../validation/ahawow.xsd">
<name>de-DE</name>
<author>CB Team</author>
<creationDate>2014-12-08</creationDate>
<copyright>(C) 2004-2014 www.joomlapolis.com / Lightning MultiCom SA - and its licensors, all rights reserved
<license>www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPL version 2
<authorEmail>cbteam@joomlapolis.com
<authorUrl>www.joomlapolis.com
<version>2.0.0</version>
<release>2.0.3-1.0.0</release>
<description>Provides the German (Germany) language for Community Builder and its plugins.&lt;br /&gt;For updates and translation projects please visit our &lt;a href="www.joomlapolis.com/languages" target=""_blank">Joomlapolis Languages</a> page.
<files>
<filename plugin="language">language.php</filename>
<filename>index.html</filename>
<filename>admin_language.php</filename>
<foldername>cbplugin</foldername>
</files>
<params>
</params>
<database>
</database>
</cbinstall>

...so far so good... and as long as you only install 1 language plugin at the same time you don't have a problem...BUT if you install at least 2 language plugins (for different languages) and with the same: <filename plugin="language">language.php</filename> XML code inside, you get this warning when you run: 'Community Builder'/'Tools'/'Check Community Builder Database'

...I saw that there are a lot of language plugins with the same
<filename plugin="language">language.php</filename> sequence inside:

...to fix this issue it is necessary to change this code-sequence in the XML-file...

e.g:
...for the german-plugin change to:
<filename plugin="german">german.php</filename> ...this will result in element = 'german'

...for the danish-plugin change to:
<filename plugin="danish">danish.php</filename> ...this will result in element = 'danish'

...what do you think about this ?

regards Eric

9 years 4 months ago #255005 by krileon
The element shouldn't be language, but should be the language tag. So for example you should have the following.

<filename plugin="de-DE">language.php</filename>

or

<filename plugin="de-de">language.php</filename>

This however should not cause any language loading issues. It'll just cause that duplicate element warning when running CB Tools. We'll be fixing this in our build script and releasing new builds of language plugins, which can be found below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 4 months ago #255012 by nant
Yup good catch.

Fixed my script and updated instructions here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

Also uploaded new language plugin builds on forge projects:

Language plugins are built weekly from our transifex projects.
Every Monday I manually make new builds and upload them in the forge project file areas:

So for example, English plugin can be found here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files

Greek plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-gr/files

German plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-de/files

Danish plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-da-dk/files

Dutch plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-nl/files

French plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-fr/files

Turkish plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-tr-tr/files

Italian plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-it/files

Spanish plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-es/files

Russian plugin here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-ru/files

Portuguese Brazil here:
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-br

Azerbaijani (Azerbaijan):
forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-az-az/files

Other languages not on this list are most likely not fully translated yet, so they are not picked up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.619 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn