[SOLVED] How to access all fields in CB lists

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256061 by cliffvt
Guys

CB 2.0.4 - Not sure if I am just plain stupid, but in trying to build a CB List, I can only see SOME fields coming up in the COLUMNS tab - for example, on your tutorial I see that you have "Profile Image" but this does not appear in my column list at all (I can only see Canvas Image), nor do many other fields.

Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks

Cliff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256132 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to access all fields in CB lists
The field needs to be set to display on profile. Otherwise there would be no purpose to selecting it for display in a column as it wouldn't display. The field also needs to be published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256140 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic How to access all fields in CB lists
Kyle

I'm a Developer member and have been a CB user for 7 years now, you'd think that this is a CB 101 answer andnot helpful at all!!

Of course theya re displayed! Thats not the problem. They were all availabe in lists BEFORE the Cb 2 upgrade.

As I said there are a lot of fields, which are displayed in profile, which are missing from the colum select list - a lot..

Cliff
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256149 by cliffvt
Replied by cliffvt on topic How to access all fields in CB lists
OK, I have now figured it out!

It seems that the FIELD NAME is not being displayed in the select list, but the FIELD TITLE rather... I was on the lookout for the word "Avatar" which is the FIELD NAME.. not for the title which is "Please upload a head and shoulders image to use in your membership profile"

Odd that you use titles instead of field names..

Thanks - same for the others..

Resolved now

9 years 3 months ago #256150 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How to access all fields in CB lists

cliffvt wrote: OK, I have now figured it out!

It seems that the FIELD NAME is not being displayed in the select list, but the FIELD TITLE orather... I was on the lookout for the word "Avatar" which is the FIELD NAME.. not for the title which is "Please upload a head and shoulders image to use in your membership profile"

Odd that you use titles instead of field names..

Thanks - same for the others..

Resolved now

I believe it has always been like this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn