[SOLVED] Display multiple Donation Plans on page

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256148 by hac
Hi,

Our customer wants to have donations but when the user makes a donation, the donation can be directed towards a number of different projects. When they get reports they need to know where each donation has been directed to. Users could make multiple donations with each one directed to a different project.

Is there a better way of setting this up than making a Donation plan for each project?

If not, I need to have a Donation page showing all the Donation plans available. How do I make a page which only shows the various Donation plans and none of the membership subscription plans? I can use the plan URL to display a single plan, but I want a page that shows all of the Donation plans. On the Donation page the user should be able to select the Donation plan they want and the amount they want to Donation and then Continue. I don't want to have the extra step of the user first selecting a Donation plan, which then takes them to a page where they select the amount and then Continue. Is that possible?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display multiple Donation Plans on page

Is there a better way of setting this up than making a Donation plan for each project?

Nope, a donation plan per project is the best way to go.

If not, I need to have a Donation page showing all the Donation plans available.

That's very doable. Edit your donation plan and at the top you'll see a URL to that single plan. You can add to the &plans URL parameter a - delimiter list of plan IDs and it'll show all those plans. So you can use this URL structure to link to all your donation plans, which gives a page of just donation plans.

On the Donation page the user should be able to select the Donation plan they want and the amount they want to Donation and then Continue. I don't want to have the extra step of the user first selecting a Donation plan, which then takes them to a page where they select the amount and then Continue. Is that possible?

Donation plans only have 1 step. They supply the amount and select the plan all in the same display. It's also possible to donate to multiple donation plans at once in a single purchase if your donation plans are set as non-exclusive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256307 by hac
Replied by hac on topic Display multiple Donation Plans on page
Thanks some much Kyle.

9 years 3 months ago #256442 by hac
Replied by hac on topic Display multiple Donation Plans on page
Hi Kyle,

I just tried what you suggested, but it isn't working. It only shows the first plan.

I have tried the URL as:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=8-9-10

and also as:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=8,9,10

where 8, 9 and 10 are the 3 donation plans I want to display on the page.

What is the format of listing the plans that I need to use to get the 3 of them to display?

Joomla 3.3.6, CB 1.9.1, CB Subs 3.0.0.

Thank you for your help.

9 years 3 months ago #256469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display multiple Donation Plans on page
Dash separated is the correct format. Ensure you're using the plan id found under the Id column within CBSubs > Plans and not the number under the # column. Your plans also need to be accessible to the user. To test the plans are accessible navigate to each one individually first.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn