Lost Password

9 years 3 months ago #256215 by fabioweb90
Lost Password was created by fabioweb90
Hello and happy new year,
if i use lost password for recovering password i get an email with new password.

Can i get only a recovery link where user set new password?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost Password
No, CB forgot login doesn't work like that. It's possible we'll change this behavior in the future, but at this time it just directly sends them a new randomly generated password.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256441 by fabioweb90
Replied by fabioweb90 on topic Lost Password
Ok beacuse if i do fake forgot login i can change password to all users :whistle:

9 years 3 months ago #256468 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lost Password
That assumes you know that users personal information. Keeping email address private is a good way to prevent that, but even if someone did reset their password they can't use it without knowing that users email address login and if they know that then it doesn't matter what form of password resetting is used. Ideally in the future we'd like to improve this with a reset link as you're wanting and built in secret questions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds