Changing the Layout of Our List View Page

9 years 3 months ago #256225 by chrismoody
Changing the Layout of Our List View Page was created by chrismoody
Hi Everyone,

Here's what we are trying to do. We want to change the way our members list view looks. Please take a look at hbadoc.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=usersList&listid=4&searchmode=1

The page displays all our members with some search refinement options at the top of the page. Once users check off the criteria they need and click the "Find Members" button, the results are displayed under our search options. We want to flip the page so that the search options appear under the search results. How can we accomplish this?

I'm thinking we can just move the right blocks of code around in the PHP template file to change the layout. But I'm not sure what file to modify and what code to move exactly. We are running CB 1.9.1 and Joomla 3.3.1 (Running on PHP 5.3.1)

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256234 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing the Layout of Our List View Page
That's not possible without modifying usersList within comprofiler.html.php found below.

components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php

The header and footer are part of the template, but where they come together is in the core and not the template so the template can't be used to change their render order.

Please note we do not support core edits so I can not advise any further than the above regarding modifying core code. Another alternative is to use CB Auto Actions and act on onBeforeDisplayUsersList trigger with a Code action and Method set to jQuery then use jQuery to move elements around.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256260 by chrismoody
Replied by chrismoody on topic Changing the Layout of Our List View Page
Hummm? That sounds really difficult. I have never used Auto Actions before. And I'm not sure how to move stuff around with jQuery. Is there any way I could make the results come up in a page with none of the search options, just the list of users? Perhaps by hiding the search options using CSS?

In future versions of CB it sure would be cool to have list refinement options like we have setup to be able to display in a sidebar module or a slide out drawer, so they can be hidden when needed.

9 years 3 months ago #256274 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Changing the Layout of Our List View Page

Is there any way I could make the results come up in a page with none of the search options, just the list of users?

Yes, you can shut off searching by editing your userlist then under Parameters > Search set "Searchable fields" to "No".

Perhaps by hiding the search options using CSS?

Yes, nearly every element on the page has either a CSS class or ID. Specifically the below will hide the criteria.

.cbUserListSearch {
    display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn