Jevents - RSVPPro issues with CB2.0.4 Login

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256226 by giecie
J3.3.6
CB2.0.4 - Latest Nightly Build 30/12

Hello,

Using CB2.0.4 in combination with Jevents & RSVPPro we discovered abnomalies with the CB Login module.

Here are some Gold Member forum details on Jevents;

PROBLEM:
When I like to subscribe to events I get after several attempts the message;
"Sorry - This item may have been updated while you have been viewing the webpage. Please try again."

Sometimes the first try is OK but when I e.g. logout/login and retry I get almost 100% this message and/or the blank page.

ANSWER1 TONYP:
Hello,

This has now been resolved on your website.

It is actually caused by Community Builder not logging you out correctly thus breaking the session and stores a partial session so when we check for the users information we can't because the user isn't actually there. We implemented a workaround for it even though the problem isn't ours exactly.

ANSWER2 GERAINT:
You could pass this message on to the developers -

After logging out using the CB logout module a call to JFactory::getUser() does not return a 'guest' account since the user session data has not been cleaned up correctly. We had to resort to using JUser::getInstance() when the userid is zero as a workaround.

Br.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Jevents - RSVPPro issues with CB2.0.4 Login
We call the Joomla logout function directly. After which the session is reset. Once that's done we store the new session. This on logout generates a guest session. I've confirmed this is the case on logout for J2.x and J3.x. My guess is your extension isn't using Joomla API properly in some instance.

During this entire process we are using strictly Joomla API. More specifically the following is done.

// Perform CMS logout, which will destroy the session:
JFactory::getApplication()->logout();

// Restart the session since it has been destroyed:
JFactory::getSession()->restart();

// Save the new session to storage:
JFactory::getApplication()->checkSession();

Please note the Message Queue does not work on logout. So if a message is being queued before logout it will be lost. This is due to session being lost. Queuing a message on logout will just result in the message being shown on next page load, which for example could be next login if you logout and immediately log back in.

With that said I can't see how your issue has anything to do with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #256238 by giecie
Replied by giecie on topic Jevents - RSVPPro issues with CB2.0.4 Login
Thanks Krileon,

I just passed your message to the developer of JEvents.
Once I receive feedback I'll let you know...

Br.

I'm just the messenger here...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn