Quotation request form with registration on site

9 years 3 months ago #256230 by deef
I wish to use community builder so my customers can make a request for quotation.
My roadmap:
• I would like that customers fill in some forms . Filling in forms is automated with twitter/facebook/google account / ….
1. Firstname  John
2. Last Name  Doe
3. Phone Number  0123 456 789
4. Email  john@doe.com
5. I would log they’re IP number in a hidden field  69.89.31.226
• I would like to create automatically a username like this
1. Firstname.lastname  username = john.doe
• Then I would like to do some error checking
1. Do we have already a existing IP  69.89.31.226
 If yes  Join tables and goto check_error
2. Do we have already a existing email  john@doe.com
 If yes  join tables and goto check_error
3. Does the combination username already exists ?  john.doe ?
 If yes  join tables and goto check_error
• Check_error
1. Is this a returning customer ?
2. Is this a college who collects bids to know my prices ?
• Email the request for a quotation to myself, so I can make a quote to the customer
1. Output_error whit deep link to the separates profiles
2. When quote is made update value quote_date
• In second step, I wish to make a quote online on my website to the customer
1. This is a bit of tricky to start with, so I wish to separate this.
• Follow up the quote after a week, after two weeks, after three weeks (this will be a automated email message) with values that are filled in in the form
• If the quote is accepted, change the customers value our usergroup to a other group
1. Send the customer a follow up form, so he can rate our business. When the customer has rated our business
2. Change the customer follow up form to other user group  rated customer
 Customer can download free pdf
First is this possible to do with the start of community builder ? I can output a lot of info on the profiles off course and make a online community regarding my business this way.
Is there someone who has good community builder skills and who can help me out with this (payd help when you can make me a invoice)
I have already made some custom forms
You can find the Url to form here

With kind regards,

deef
www.siteguru.be

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256242 by krileon
For the IP Address you can use CB AntiSpam as it has a built in field to capture and keep their IP Address up to date. Alternatively we already store their IP Address with their profile data at time of registration to registeripaddr (can substitute into a Custom HTML field using [registeripaddr]). CB AntiSpam also has built in features to block duplicate registrations from same ip automatically and many other spam protection features.

For the username you can use CB Auto Actions acting on the after registration trigger and a field action. Then set the username field to [firstname].[lastname].

CB already check if an email address is already in use as Joomla doesn't allow duplicate example addresses.

I've no idea what you're asking in regards to returning customer and bid collection, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deef

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn