How to migrate my CB plugin?

9 years 3 months ago #256645 by c_schmitz
How to migrate my CB plugin? was created by c_schmitz
Hello,

I am the author of a small CB plugin that worked fine one 1.x. However even I am able to install it on CB 2.0 there is a warning shown in the plugin manager that the plugin might not work correctly.

What do I have to change usually to get rid of this notice? Will I have to offer a separate plugin version for 2.0 or can I do it all in one?

Best regards

Carsten

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #256668 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How to migrate my CB plugin?

c_schmitz wrote: Hello,

I am the author of a small CB plugin that worked fine one 1.x. However even I am able to install it on CB 2.0 there is a warning shown in the plugin manager that the plugin might not work correctly.

What do I have to change usually to get rid of this notice? Will I have to offer a separate plugin version for 2.0 or can I do it all in one?

Best regards

Carsten

For starters you would need to change your xml file.
If you attach your xml file (zip it or just copy/paste) I will propose changes for you.

9 years 3 months ago #256669 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic How to migrate my CB plugin?
So there is no documentation on the changes? Or documentation on the new format?

9 years 3 months ago #256670 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How to migrate my CB plugin?

c_schmitz wrote: So there is no documentation on the changes? Or documentation on the new format?

Nothing formal yet.

You can see the xml file of any CB 2.0 compatible plugin to see the small differences:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

9 years 3 months ago #256730 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to migrate my CB plugin?
The compatibility check is purely dependent on the version tag. Change the version to at least 2.0.0 and it'll be marked compatible. We also have support for a new tag called release if you want to have your plugins version tracked and shown in backend. Example as follows.

<version>2.0.0</version>
<release>1.0.0</release>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.987 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn