GPL- questions for Community Builder

9 years 3 months ago #257170 by pranaydhruv
GPL- questions for Community Builder was created by pranaydhruv
Hello,

i have a couple questions around GPL and CB.

1) Is it permitted to make changes in CB and its components for my website customisation?

2) Do i have to do something specific to adhere to the license terms and still customize ?

please note i do not plan to circulate this customisation , but only use it on my website.

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GPL- questions for Community Builder

1) Is it permitted to make changes in CB and its components for my website customisation?

Yes.

2) Do i have to do something specific to adhere to the license terms and still customize ?

Please see our below GPL terms for details. In short no as you don't intend on distributing your modified CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/gpl-terms

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257270 by nant
Replied by nant on topic GPL- questions for Community Builder

pranaydhruv wrote: Hello,

i have a couple questions around GPL and CB.

please note i do not plan to circulate this customisation , but only use it on my website.

Thanks
Pranay

Also chiming in here.

You can make any changes you want - that is the freedom that GPL gives you.

But please note that changing code will have a result that we will not be able to support you if things go wrong and also note that when you upgrade to a new version or maintenance release your changes will most likely be over-written.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn