Member Search Error If Apostrophe In Address

9 years 3 months ago #257468 by bins

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Place%' OR cb_city LIKE '%London%' OR cb_country LIKE '%England%' OR cb_pos' at line 3 SQL=SELECT * FROM w4s8u_comprofiler AS a LEFT JOIN w4s8u_users u ON u.id = a.user_id WHERE u.block<>1 AND a.user_id <> 236 AND a.approved=1 AND a.confirmed=1 AND ( cb_boroughtown LIKE '%xxxxxxxck's Place%' OR cb_city LIKE '%London%' OR cb_country LIKE '%England%' OR cb_postcode LIKE '%xxxxxxxxx%') AND user_id NOT IN (241,242,243,244,246,248,251,254,256,258,261,263,267,272,277,278,288,292,296,299,306,314,315,316,320,327,329,331,332,333,334,335,336,337,339,340,341,342,343,345,346,347,348,349) AND user_id NOT IN (260) LIMIT 5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257484 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member Search Error If Apostrophe In Address
I can't see how since the value is escaped. Are you using an advanced filter and substituting in the value maybe? Even then the substitutions are ran through an escaping function. Please better clarify exactly what you're doing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257499 by bins
All I did was update my admin account, making it a full account.

Then, when I went to search members, this happened.

It does identify the ' as the issue and when I remove the ' all is well!

9 years 3 months ago #257511 by krileon
Search members where? A userlist or backend User Management?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257516 by bins
I set up a simple user list, in the front end

9 years 3 months ago #257518 by krileon
Seams to be working perfectly fine in my tests. Using the string "ju`st'a"test" causes no issues. Are you using CB 2.0.5 or CB 1.x?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn