[SOLVED] Age Field on Registration

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257660 by pranaydhruv
[SOLVED] Age Field on Registration was created by pranaydhruv
Hello,

The age field on registration page does not show the Drop down calendar options. Instead gives a simple text entry field. However on profile edit the field displays properly. Please refer to the screenshot.

PS :- I have already choosen in Configuration-->General-->Calendar type--> Drop down with Popup calendar.

Please help.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257684 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Age Field on Registration
I'm unable to confirm your issue using a Date field set to Age display on CB 2.0.5. Please update to CB 2.0.5 if you haven't done so yet and confirm if issue persists. If issue persists disable non-core CB plugins 1 by 1 until the issue goes away as a plugin could be altering the edit display of the field.

Another possibility is a fatal jQuery error on your registration page as the date field is purely jQuery (generated off a text field). Press F12 in Chrome or Firefix, click the Console tab, then refresh the page and look for any fatal (red) errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257704 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Age Field on Registration
Hello Kyle,

i have now updated to CB Version 2.05. the issue is not on profile edit, infact on edit the output of the feild is normal, but on regestration the field displays a text field.I have attached the output of F12 in Notepad screenshot of the age field. didn't find any fatal errors on the entire page.

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #257713 by krileon
Profile Edit and Registration field output code are basically the same. I tested registration as you stated that's where your issue was. I could not confirm. Your issue is likely due to something loading on registration that's causing a fatal JS error. You need view the Console tab of your developer window, which is opened by pressing F12. That's the only way you're going to see if a fatal JS error is present (very likely), which would break the data field jQuery from turning the text input into dropdowns. Your screenshot is of the HTML structure and not the console.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257790 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Age Field on Registration
Hello Kyle,

My bad you are right, i see there are fatal errors, Please refer the screenshot. any suggestions ?

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #257829 by krileon
The first error, the syntax error, is what's doing it. It's an unclosed line so any code after it is basically invalid. No idea the source as it says your main.php is the source, which could be from your Joomla template. Change to default Joomla template and see if the issue goes away.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn