Disable e-mail field check on registration

9 years 3 months ago #257735 by technogrid
Disable e-mail field check on registration was created by technogrid
Hi guys,

i want to disable the e-mail check on registration, so that user will be able to choose if they want to leave email address.

I'm using cb 2.0.4, in CB configuration/registration admin approval is set to no, email confirmation=no,

in cb fields, the email field is set to not required, in validation tab everything is disabled, yet on the registration form if i don't put anything in the e-mail field and when i click on sign up button i get: Please enter a valid email address.

any idea what might be the problem?

p.s. the registration form is generated by cb subs (if this has something to do with it...)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257763 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable e-mail field check on registration
Email address is required by Joomla. A user can not register without one. Joomla user store it self will reject the user store and fail the registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257799 by technogrid
Replied by technogrid on topic Disable e-mail field check on registration
Is there any way at least i can disable the "Please enter a valid email address" check? So that the users might put words inside, like "none" or "/" whatever...

Second option would be to put default value for the email for some dummy address like "user@domain.com", but then again the system asks for unique e-mail address for each user, is there override for this?

Third option, perhaps there's a way i can automatically fill the email field with username (from the username field) @domain.com?? Maybe with ab auto actions or cb query?

9 years 3 months ago #257830 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disable e-mail field check on registration

Is there any way at least i can disable the "Please enter a valid email address" check? So that the users might put words inside, like "none" or "/" whatever...

No, it's an email field so it has email validation attached to it that can't be disabled.

Second option would be to put default value for the email for some dummy address like " user@domain.com", but then again the system asks for unique e-mail address for each user, is there override for this?

No, the email address must always be unique. You could use CB Auto Actions on the registration form display trigger with a Code action and Method of jQuery to generate a random email address using JS functions then pushing that value to the input.

Third option, perhaps there's a way i can automatically fill the email field with username (from the username field) @domain.com?? Maybe with ab auto actions or cb query?

Validation would reject it before you could do this. You could try the before registration trigger and populate email field using a Code action with Method set to PHP then populating the POST global, but I've no idea if that'll work.

Joomla it self really is not designed for what you're trying to do. That issue needs to be addressed first. You need either an extension or to modify Joomla it self so emails aren't required, but I doubt that can even be done without modifying core Joomla code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: technogrid

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257831 by beat
Third option should imho be possible with a bit of CSS and javascript jQuery e.g. in your site template.

You would still end up with either invalid emails, or would need a catch-all email account on the chosen domain.com, as Joomla and CB may send workflow emails.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: technogrid

9 years 3 months ago #257833 by technogrid
Replied by technogrid on topic Disable e-mail field check on registration
I'm fine with that, i can create catch-all address so it wont be a problem on the admin side, my target is just to be able to register user which don't have e-mails.

@krileon, do you have some example code i can use in the php to try and see if it works?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.676 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn