CB webservices for native apps

9 years 3 months ago #257825 by activha
CB webservices for native apps was created by activha
Hello

We would like to develop native apps for iOS, android and windows platforms connected to our joomla 3.3 and CB 2.0 website.
Is there any web services within CB that apps developers could use to easily retrieve and add data to CB from within a native app ?
Is there any web services within CB to retrieve CB activity data and display it within a native app ?
Do you already work with such development companies or do you have internal resources to develop native apps yourselves ?

Thanks for your input and help
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #258120 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB webservices for native apps
We've no RESTful endpoints. A plugin to provide them is planned, but I've no idea when I'll get around to developing it. We've no plans at this time to create Apps though, but the endpoints will be there eventually to at least pull the data via HTTP. With that said our backend is completely responsive (exception being a few plugins) so you should have no issues managing your Joomla backend from a mobile device if using Joomla 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #258130 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB webservices for native apps
We need RESTful endpoints for the native iOS and android apps that we'll develop.
We would need to be able to get access to CB activity timeline for instance, to pass info to the app timeline, and also we need access to CB fields and CBSubs for instance.

This is an app for frontend and not back end. Back end will still be operated from Joomla 3.x web browsers.

Could you make a quote for developing this plugin for us ? this is a pretty urgent request, maybe your partners could help on this ?

9 years 3 months ago #258153 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB webservices for native apps

We need RESTful endpoints for the native iOS and android apps that we'll develop.
We would need to be able to get access to CB activity timeline for instance, to pass info to the app timeline, and also we need access to CB fields and CBSubs for instance.

Initial release will be core CB endpoints only. It'll fire a trigger that plugins can act on to add more endpoints (e.g. CB Activity would be responsible for its own endpoints).

Could you make a quote for developing this plugin for us ?

No, we do not take development requests at this time.

this is a pretty urgent request, maybe your partners could help on this ?

I do not have anyone to recommend at this time.

I've other more urgent tasks so I've no idea when I'll get around to developing this, sorry. You can check Joomla.org to see if there's some generic extensions for RESTful usage that'd at least let you run simple SQL queries for information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn