CB Testimonials

9 years 3 months ago #257863 by deef
CB Testimonials was created by deef
I found this topic:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/5-community-builder-announcements/5613-your-testimonial-field

I wish to use also a testimonial slider like OT testimonials . But wish to use content from communitybuilder. Can not find the testimonials here on the site, did a search on the forum and I found the following:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

How can I made a testimonial scroller based on communitybuilder functions ? Does annyone has a solution for this ?

With kind regards,

deef
www.siteguru.be

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257898 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Testimonials
The testimonials for that module look hardcoded and configured from the modules configuration. So I don't think you can really push dynamic content to it like that. You could create a testimonial field that they can edit from their profile then you could have a userlist with no search functionality to display those testimonials (be sure to filter it to only users with a testimonial field value). Next you can load that userlist into a module using Joomlas wrapper module.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deef

9 years 3 months ago #257909 by deef
Replied by deef on topic CB Testimonials
Is there a testimonial thing here on CB ? Can I see on this site a running example ? And is there a tutorial that I can follow to set this up?

With kind regards,

deef
www.siteguru.be

9 years 3 months ago #257914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Testimonials

Is there a testimonial thing here on CB ? Can I see on this site a running example ?

We have some testimonials on the CB page below, but I'm pretty sure those are manually entered.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder

We primarily just use Joomlas extension directory for testimonials though.

And is there a tutorial that I can follow to set this up?

No not this case specifically, but there's tutorials covering basic userlist usage, which can be found in your CB documentation that you can download from the Advanced downloads section. For your case create a textarea field for the testimonial. Then create a CB userlist that filters on that field to check that it's not empty. Next add columns and fields to the columns however you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds