[SOLVED] How can I display the blogs created by different users in one place?

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257948 by szoloroz
Hi,

I would like blogs created and published by users to appear in certain categories, based on the blog category (I've changed the music, sport, etc to my needs) and the menu item (of type category blog) with the latest entry on the top.

I have attached a screenshot that can help clarify what I am asking.

For example if users Anita Jump, Heidi Carrot and Matt Bello (they are all fictional) create a Notice (a blog) and they all pick Contract in the dropdown box, write their stuff, make it public, save it and then I click on the Contracts menu item in the main menu, I'd like to see the items in descending chronological order on one page.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance,
Babi
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #257980 by krileon
Assuming you're using CB Blogs with Joomla or K2 model you'd just create a Joomla menu item to those content categories. If you're using Internal model then you can't as it has no category view. You can change the model within CB > Plugin Management > CB Blogs > Parameters > Blogs then set "Model" to Joomla. Typically for this you'll want to create a top level Joomla content category to store all your blogs in, which you can select from the "Category" parameter after changing the Model.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #258032 by szoloroz
Thank you very much Kyle, it worked!!!
Really appreciate your help.

Babi

9 years 3 months ago #258052 by nant

szoloroz wrote: Thank you very much Kyle, it worked!!!
Really appreciate your help.

Babi

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

#16 covers this I believe ;-)

9 years 3 months ago #258129 by szoloroz
Thank you Nick
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn