[SOLVED] assign a Uniue ID to each member

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #258196 by pranaydhruv
[SOLVED] assign a Uniue ID to each member was created by pranaydhruv
Hello,

I am trying to assign a unique ID to each member. This ID would be a combination of first 2 alphanumeric (which would be same for all members) followed by numeric characters (that would be uniue for each member).This ID should be searchable. Please guide how this can be achieved.

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #258226 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic assign a Uniue ID to each member
Does the ID need to have some sort of strict formatting? If not you could create a new text field that's marked read only to store the ID. Next using CB Auto Actions acting on the after registration trigger (both frontend and backend triggers) and a Field action to set your new text fields values as follows.

AB[user_id]

Each user is already given a unique ID (user_id), but it's not searchable or customizable. This would push it to a text field so additional characters can be added and it can be searched.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 3 months ago #258321 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic assign a Uniue ID to each member
Hello Kyle,

I was able to create the ID as per steps outlined by you, but for some reason i am unable to find the Id field in the search page. Did i miss something ?

Thanks
Pranay

9 years 3 months ago #258361 by krileon
Your new field would just be a standard text field so searching on it would behave the same as any other text field. First it needs to be set to display on profile then it needs to be marked searchable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #258378 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic assign a Uniue ID to each member
Hello Kyle,

those options are selected(Please Refer Screenshots attached).

Thanks
Pranay
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #258379 by krileon
You need to ensure your userlist is set to allow searching of it. By default a userlist only allows searching of fields that are on the userlist. So you'd need to put it in one of the columns. The alternative is to adjust the search criteria so you can specifically select what fields are searchable. This is configured on the Parameters > Search tab found while editing your userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: pranaydhruv

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.758 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn