cbconnect pre-fill registration for with date of birth issue

9 years 2 months ago #258477 by sumawelt
Hi everyone,
I have setup cbconnect to prefill with data from facebook. In my registration form I have a field where registrants should fill in their date of birth and I want this to be pre-filled with facebook data. All other fields work fine but even though I linked the fields in the registration tab in the plugin configuration it is not populated by cbconnect. I figured it may be because of the calendar that pops up when I click into the field in order to enter my data there seems no way to fill the field in by hand. Ho can I make cbconnect to fill in the date of birth of a registrant?
Kind Regards
Markus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258490 by krileon
Data from social sites is not guaranteed. If it's not prefilled then the data given isn't in the correct format needed for the field or the social site does not provide it. Try mapping it to a text field to see the format. The data is not formatted when pulled from the social site and is given to CB however the social site provides it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258681 by sumawelt
seems facebook delivers the date of birth as yyyy-mm-dd but our date format is dd.mm.yyyy. How can I accomplish that the date is accepted without setting my community builder to the new date format?

9 years 2 months ago #258702 by krileon
The format is acceptable as it's SQL format, which CB uses for date fields. So it should work ok for pre-filled form of a date field (ensure it's not a datetime field). The data can not be reformatted, it comes from the social site as is.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258962 by sumawelt
Hmm... seems that facebook doesn't deliver these data: All I get is 0000-00-00. Is there a way to see the raw output of what facebook sends to the plugin?

9 years 2 months ago #258991 by krileon

Hmm... seems that facebook doesn't deliver these data: All I get is 0000-00-00.

Nothing you can do about it then. If Facebook doesn't provide it then it can't be used. There's any number of reasons that can cause this. For example your Application may not have enough permissions or their profile privacy has it set to private; you can not access private data.

Is there a way to see the raw output of what facebook sends to the plugin?

No, not without altering the code to output it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn