Simple Registration

9 years 2 months ago #258582 by bins
Simple Registration was created by bins
I would like to run a promotion to get people to join our community, but want to make the registration process (just for this activity) as simple as possible.

How can I create a registration page (or module) that allows people to just enter their first name, last name and email address and then have a user password sent to them (user=email?)?

I do not want to affect the standard registration process, but have this as an additional one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple Registration
If you're using CBSubs you could have a plan that hides various fields on the Workflows tab of your plan. Otherwise you could use CB Conditional with a profile type field for them to select a simple profile or something of the sort. Aside from that you can't really do this with CB as we don't have multiple separate registration forms. You'd need to develop something that utilizes CB API to register them with only your simple inputs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #258657 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Simple Registration
I have used the CBSubs option, but cannot work out a way to show a password, which I assume is not created.

Not having a password makes the user experience poor, unless there are any interesting short cuts.

9 years 2 months ago #258698 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Simple Registration
I don't recommend hiding the password. Let them supply at the very least the basic core fields such as name, username, email, and password. Everything else is basically optional for Joomla so they can function without everything else. You could however turn off the password fields display on registration so it'll generate a password during registration, which they can change in profile edit if they wanted, but this affects all users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn