[#5091] Request: improve multi tab registration

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259067 by Freshpage
On the step by step registration it should be possible to switch between the tabs by clicking on them. At the very least it should be possible to go back and review previous steps in this way. The confusion is confounded by the fact that the cursor gives visual clues that the tabs are clickable.

Alternatively, the tabbed registration system should be improved to add "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Currently each tab only has a "sign up" button, which users are obviously going to click after completing the first tab, resulting in lots of validation errors being created on the other tabs.

I have had many reports of users of live sites becoming extremely confused and frustrated by this problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Request: improve multi tab registration

On the step by step registration it should be possible to switch between the tabs by clicking on them. At the very least it should be possible to go back and review previous steps in this way.

No, that doesn't make any sense for step by step. Its navigation is purely with previous and next.

The confusion is confounded by the fact that the cursor gives visual clues that the tabs are clickable.

Was able to confirm. That'd be a styling bug and will fix for next build. They should not show visual cues as if they're clickable.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5091

Alternatively, the tabbed registration system should be improved to add "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Currently each tab only has a "sign up" button, which users are obviously going to click after completing the first tab, resulting in lots of validation errors being created on the other tabs.

No, that again doesn't make sense and is crossing features with step by step. Tabbed registration mimics profile edit except on registration. It doesn't use steps and it doesn't restrict you to a specific tab. It is possible however to use a Custom HTML field and create previous/next links on tabs, but you'd run into issues with plugin tabs not allowing fields like CBSubs Subscription tab. At any rate the HTML for this is as follows.

Previous:
<a href="javascript:void(0);" class="cbTabNavPrevious">Previous</a>

Next:
<a href="javascript:void(0);" class="cbTabNavNext">Next</a>

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn