Working with Payment API

9 years 2 months ago #259341 by popROAR
Working with Payment API was created by popROAR
I am surprised that there is not a hosted payment option for authorize.net. using (CIM)
I am assuming this has been considered and evaluated. My guess is for some unforeseen reason on my end there is an obstacle that is painful to hurdle. I am not totally confident in how the whole tokenization process and everything works but I am trying to accomplish something like a controlled billing shopping cart using cbsubs payment to authenticate my users. Perhaps for years I have been going about this wrong way but I finally think I am beginning to understand some code structure.

Please let me know if this is in the works or if I will be able to receive any advice/support/guidance in creating this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Working with Payment API
I'm not aware of any plans to implement a hosted payment solution for Authorize.net.

Gateway creation is not a simple task. Even advanced programmers are going to have issues with it. I highly recommend reviewing our gateway documentation available for download in the Developers section then digging into a gateways code to see how they function, but keep in mind every gateways API is different so they all have their "quirks" that have to be worked around, which makes development of a new gateway that much more complicated. With that said I'm not trying to discourage you, but more so prepare you for the upcoming frustrations if you intended to develop a new gateway.

You may want to consider Ogone or PayPal if you want hosted payment page instead of on-site payments.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #259444 by popROAR
Replied by popROAR on topic Working with Payment API
Thanks for getting back to me Kyle. I appreciate the concern and honesty.

I took a look around the documentation and the ccbill, authorizenet, offline processor plugins and some authorize net docs. After some consideration I believe I might be able to accomplish my goal by creating an 'onCPayAfterPaymentStatusUpdateEvent' that handles Authorize profile creation. Do you think that is a good solution?

Some of the frustration I did start to encounter is that much of the payment view is constructed in the controller. My knowledge of varying types of architecture (in Joomla) is not very solid. I am hoping I can soon have my AhaWOW moment.

BTW I am no longer surprised about a hosted solution for Authorize.net now that I have a better understanding of how this works.

9 years 2 months ago #259448 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Working with Payment API
A payment gateway takes significantly more code than acting on a single trigger. CBSubs needs the code in place to handle validation, payment, status changes, refunding, cancelling, and much more. So no acting on a single trigger will not accomplish this. I would need to study the Authorize.net hosted payment page API to better suggest what gateway would be a good starting point, but as a general suggestion you may want to look at GoogleCheckout for example as I took extra care to write and format it cleanly so it's easier to understand. Ogone is also another great example that uses hosted payment page usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn